003 | grip tape

NOT PROOF READ

"FUCK! SHIT, SHORDY you gon' need a board!" Fuckshit said, hopping up from the couch and heading back behind the counter

"FUCK! SHIT, SHORDY you gon' need a board!" Fuckshit said, hopping up from the couch and heading back behind the counter. Ray followed him, gesturing for Ane to come too.

It was overwhelming looking at all the different types of boards. She tried her best to pay attention to Fuckshit's explanation of what each board was helpful for, the sizes, stance widths, and so on, but there was just so much information at once.

"Yo Chill, can't you see she literally is not understanding any of this?" Ray interrupted, laughing at his friend's enthusiasm. Fuckshit rolled his eyes and let Ray take to lead.

"Okay, so what're you tryna do on your board?" Ray leaned over the counter to face her, smiling gently. She smiled back while thinking about it. "I guess what the pros were doing in the video," she whispered.

"Aight," Fuckshit chimed in, grabbing one of the Motor boards from the wall and laying it flat on the workbench to their right. Before he started doing anything to it, he showed her the back of the deck with a bright yellow Motor decal on it. "You like it?" He asked.

"Yea," she rubbed her hands over the deck, accidentally brushing her fingers with Fuckshit's. "I like it a lot." They made eye contact, and though brief, it was enough to fuel a slight burning in her cheeks.

She didn't like boys like Fuckshit. She couldn't.

"Alright then," Ray walked over to the couch and sat back down next to Fourthgrade. "Fuckshit, set that shit up." She looked back at him sitting on the couch and saw the Hispanic boy look between them in slight disbelief. She shoved it off.

Fuckshit got to work setting the board up. "So you tryna skate now?" He asked, smiling at her. "Yea. It looks fun."

"You look hella familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" He smoothed the grip tape over the deck with one hand. She thought about whether or not she was 'Geek' from the party the night before, but she decided against it.

"No, I don't think so." She said, watching him poke holes through the board to make room for the trucks. She looked over to the boys on the couch who weren't paying them any attention.

"Shit, I must have dreamed a face as pretty as yours then, ma'," he rubbed his hands together and looked at her in a way that made the pit of her stomach burn. She fought to contain the blush on her cheeks.

She wasn't used to getting complimented so boldly. "Thank you?" She awkwardly chuckled. He finished setting up her board and pushed it into her hands.

She only took a brief look before a grin was sneaking onto her face. "Oh my God, this is awesome. Thank you so much. "

"No problem, baby." He grinned at her before calling Ray over again. "Look at this shit. Baby's first board." Ray ran his hands over the grip tape as a sort of quality control, even though he knew that Fuckshit could set a board up like it was brushing his teeth.

"Ayo, y'all tryna go skate?" The Hispanic boy said from the couch while Fourthgrade looked through film on his camera. Quickly, Ane leaned over to whisper in Fuckshit's ear, "who's that?" He leaned back and whispered in hers, sending tingles down her neck. "Ruben."

She nodded in silent acknowledgment. "Hell yea!" Ray yelled while grabbing his board and heading out the door in the back. Ruben and Fourthgrade followed, leaving Ane and Fuckshit alone.

"You ready for your first lesson?" He asked her, grabbing his board too. She nodded with a smile on her face. She was kind of hoping that he would be the one teaching her.

Once she stepped foot in the back, she saw the other boys skating around and doing tricks. Ray was doing tricks that she hadn't even seen on the video they watched as Fourthgrade recorded and Ruben watched in awe.

Even Fuckshit had gotten on his board to join the frenzy. Ane had never stepped foot on a skateboard before, so this would be her first time.

She placed it on the ground in front of her, placed one foot haphazardly on top, and then immediately face planted right on the concrete floor. "Oh shit!" Ruben said as Ray and Fuckshit rushed to help her up.

Okay, this is harder than it looks, she thought as she felt the familiar sting of a cut on her cheek and a bruise forming on her knee. Ray went to go get a first aide kit out of the bathroom as Fuckshit escorted her back into the shop and onto the couch.

He got down on one knee in front of her and began to look at her bruise, eyes then shifting up to look at the cut on her cheek. She needed to break the awkward silence fast. "Well," she began, "how's that for a first time?"

"You can take a fucking fall for real, I ain't never seen nobody get back up that fast after their first time." He stood up as Ray came back in the room with a first aide kit. "You go back out there and skate. I got this," Fuckshit took it out of his hands as the other boy nodded his head to go back out.

Before he left completely, Ray gave Fuckshit a knowing look which made them both smirk a little. "Aye, don't try no funny shit in the shop Fuckshit! I mean that shit," he said before he stepped out. Fuckshit just rolled his eyes, dangerous smirk on his lips.

"What does he mean?" Ane asked. She had a pretty good idea of what he meant, she wasn't dumb, but she didn't want Fuckshit to think that this was anything more than first aide. "He's just being fucking dumb. Don't worry 'bout it, ma'."

Ma. She kinda liked that.

She winced as he brought the alcohol wipe to her cheek. He dabbed it there gently, which was something that she hadn't expected from someone who looked so... apathetic. The surprise was nice.

At first, he was looking directly at her cut, taking his time to disinfect it and then place a bandaid over it. But she noticed that his eyes were beginning to drift to her lips as they spent more time together. His movements were slowing down and his lips were starting to part.

She knew what was about to happen; she knew that she was in full control. The larger part of her knew that she should push him away, tell him that she doesn't do things like that, that she just got out of a relationship and hardly knows him.

But before she could really think it through, his lips were on hers.

He was a good kisser. An amazing kisser, actually. Kissing him made her head spin. It made her dizzy. It was addicting, like some type of drug. She wanted to keep kissing him until her lips were swollen.

She hadn't even felt this way the two or three times she made out with Matthew. So what was so different about some random skater in a random shop she just met?

His hand began to snake up her shirt up to her navel. She needed to stop him, she couldn't let him keep going, but some sick, twisted part of her that led her here just didn't want that.

So she let him kiss her until she was almost high off of it. It only stopped when he decided that they'd been in there long enough and he wanted to skate, leaving her on the couch, dazed.

She just laid there with her board in hand, wondering exactly when she started to go insane.

WOOOHOOOO! guys I do not believe in slow burns its just not me </3 I love to read them tho so Im a bit of a paradox.... tysm for reading this far ;pp ik this chapter was a little shorter than the last one but I just kind of wanted to get through the story a little bit!!! if there are any suggestions/any scenes you might wanna see just lmk and I might work them into the story as some fanservice idk

anyways have a good (whenever ur reading this)