005 | sunburn

NOT PROOF READ

ABOUT A WEEK passed since Ane went to the shop for the first time

ABOUT A WEEK passed since Ane went to the shop for the first time. The week was filled with bruises all over her elbows and knees from falling off her skateboard, deep conversations with Ray, sibling-like arguing with Ruben, and progressively heavier flirting with Fuckshit. 

She had to admit that the week spent at Motor was one of the best weeks of her life. She found new friends and a new hobby, something so completely contrast from the rest of her life. Going to Motor felt like a break, relaxation. 

Flirting with Fuckshit kept Matthew off her mind. She wasn't the type to move on super fast, even though she was beginning to realize that she might not have even liked Matthew in the first place, but being with Fuckshit for a week made it feel like they'd been flirting for months. 

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't starting to like him just a little bit. 

But she knew the type of guy that Fuckshit was. That knowledge just fueled her reluctance to let it be anything more than what it already was. 

"Heyyyy!" She said as she entered the shop. She was beginning to become more comfortable around them and was even starting to adopt some of their habits. She'd never start smoking or drinking as heavily as they did, but she did let her rigid attitude slip a little bit. 

Much to her parent's dismay. 

They questioned her whereabouts more often. She wasn't doing anything major like failing her classes or coming home late, but she was definitely becoming more carefree and they didn't like that. 

"Sup, Bitch," Ruben was smoking a cigarette on the couch. Fourthgrade, Fuckshit, and Stevie were nowhere to be found yet. 

"Yo, where were you yesterday?" Ray was fixing one of the trucks on his board as he asked her the question. Yesterday she was at math club meeting about the upcoming nationals so she couldn't come to the shop. 

"Math competition business," she answered. Ray tilted his head back in a laugh. "Damn, you geeky as fuck!" She rolled her eyes, knowing that wasn't the first time she'd heard something like that. 

A couple of hours passed by and slowly the others appeared. They all found themselves sitting on the couch and playing some stupid game where you weren't supposed to get offended. 

Ane sat right next to Fuckshit who slipped his hand in her jean pocket like it was some corny 80s movie. It made her stomach all weird but like, in a good way. A really, really good way. 

 "All right, I got one!" Fuckshit said, laughing. "I don't understand this shit. Why do they say Mexicans are lazy?" 

"Why the fuck are you looking at me, man? Do people say that shit?" Ruben replied, laughing just as hard. "I heard this shit! It don't make sense to me, every time I see a Mexican, them niggas is fucking building buildings and shit."