004 | baldy

NOT PROOF READ

THE NEXT DAY, Ane went back to the shop with her board in hand. She hadn't practiced much outside of her very brief moment in the back, partly because she was still dazed from her kiss with Fuckshit.

Every time she looked at her board that was all she could remember. Nevertheless, she wouldn't let it deter her from trying to get used to her new board.

She walked into the shop with a chime as she opened the door. Nobody was in there but a small white kid who seemed to be looking around for something. She recognized him as the little boy that bumped into her the first time she came to Motor.

He pushed the door open to the back apprehensively as Ane followed wordlessly.

Immediately, she saw Ray trying to do tricks and Fourthgrade pointing his camera at him. Fuckshit was nowhere to be seen, so she assumed that he hadn't come.

She had to admit that she was kind of hoping he'd be there. After yesterday she kind of wanted to talk to him, even if it wasn't specifically about the kiss. The little boy sat by the entrance with his antique-looking board in hand.

"Yo, Ane!" Ray stopped his skateboard and rushed over to her, putting his arm over her shoulder and walking her over to the other boy. She smiled and let him. It made no sense to her, but even though they'd only known each other for a short period of time, she already considered him like a brother to her.

"Hey, Ray," she slipped from under his arms. "Hey, Fourthgrade." Fourthgrade muttered out a greeting in response, just a little shy. She figured he must not have been very good with strangers.

"Have you seen Fuckshit?" She asked, looking between the two. Fourthgrade just shrugged his shoulders as he started to look through some of the footage he got before she came. "Man, that nigga's probably in trouble with his parents or some shit again. They always trippin' 'bout his grades," he explained. "Why?"

She didn't want to tell him that it was because she just wanted to see him. That would be embarrassing. "No reason, I just noticed that the wasn't here." He didn't ask her anything further, dropping the subject. For that, she was grateful.

"You tryna skate?" Ray gestured down to her board which looked about as untouched as when she got it. "Yea. I just have no idea how."

"That's what you're here for. To learn," Ray dropped his own skateboard on the ground and put one foot on the first set of bolts on the top as if demonstrating for her. She got the hint and copied him, putting one of her feet on the bolts.

"And now you put your foot on the other one." She listened, and although the position was a little uncomfortable at first, it gave her a level of stability that she appreciated.

"Okay, this isn't so bad." She wasn't going anywhere on the board at all; she was standing in place and getting used to being on it in the first place. But then Ray asked her to use one of her feet to push.