014 | the 'l' word

NOT EDITED

"YO, FUCKSHIT'S been acting weird lately." 

Ray and Ane sat alone in the motor shop, Ray behind the counter, setting up a new board, and Ane on the couch, half-watching some random tape being played.

It had been around two weeks since she and Fuckshit started dating. She wasn't expecting much, as sad as it sounds. I mean, who's crazy enough to get into a committed relationship with Fuckshit of all people?

Her. Duh. 

But even then, she at least expected something. Anything, really. They'd been basically dating without a label before this, so how in the world did he get even more distant after labeling it?

"What's up?" Ray replied, not looking up from the board he was working on. 

"He's being so distant. Like, seriously. I don't even know if something happened because every time I ask him, he won't tell me shit," she sighed. 

"Yeah, well, you know that's kind of his whole deal. That nigga's always been like that," he said, before adding, "not trying to dismiss you or anything, though."

"Yea. I know. You listen to enough of my problems that you could dismiss me right now and it would be excusable. I really, really appreciate you, Ray," she smiled. 

"It's nothing." 

"You're such a good friend, and you're literally always there for me. I'm always dumping shit on you and you just like to listen and guide me in the right direction. Fuck, shit, you're the best." 

"Really, Ane, it's no big deal." 

"Stop trying to avoid my compliments, dumb ass," she said, pausing to glance at the tape before continuing, "and I just know that you'll always have my back."

"Man, you niggas are complicated as fuck!" He yelled out of frustration. Ane's brows furrowed as she quickly made eye contact with him, wondering if she had offended him. 

"Did I do something? I'm sorry, Ray." She tried to apologize, but the look on his face wasn't disappearing. 

"You didn't do anything, Ane. I shouldn't have gotten upset, but it's just so hard to be real with you and Fuckshit at the same time when you niggas argue."

"Huh? We aren't arguing, though," she said, now very confused. They haven't argued since they got together, which honestly might've been a new record. 

It seemed like finally, finally, things were starting to get smoother between them, but then all of a sudden Ray was talking like they were about to rip each other's throats out.

"Is there something I don't know? Ray, please be honest with me. " 

"Fuckshit thinks you cheated on him." 

"What?" She furrowed her brow, trying her best to process what just came out of Ray's mouth. She knows that she and Fuckshit are far, far from perfect, but wouldn't he mention something as serious as cheating?

"And that's why that nigga isn't talking to you. He won't talk to you, but he won't break up with you," Ray said, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms, obviously done with it all.