006 | number

NOT PROOFREAD

"AYO, LEMME GET yo number, 'ma."

Fuckshit had his arm draped over the back of the Motor couch directly behind Ane, who focused on the new skate video on the TV. He looked her up and down expectantly, but Ane didn't respond. Naomi's words still rang in her ears. 

Ray and Fuckshit were the only other ones in the shop. Stevie had family stuff to do and Ruben was just nowhere to be found. Ray took inventory of the shop at the counter, ignoring the pair on the couch. 

"Ma?" He said like she couldn't hear him. She looked over at him but avoided making eye contact, preferring to trace the letters of his 'DROORS' hoodie instead. "You got a number?" His hand made its way to her thigh again, but she brushed him off. 

He rolled his eyes and ran the hand that wasn't behind Ane through his hair, tousling the curls. They sat in uncomfortable silence for a while until she couldn't take it anymore. "Why do you want my number?" She asked, looking him in his eyes finally. 

"Shit, I wanna call yo fine ass. You gon' give it to me or not?" He focused back on her again. She really wanted to give it to him, but she didn't want to end up just another girl in his phonebook. 

"I- Why?" She struggled to find a way to avoid giving it to him. They'd been making out for almost a week so she was literally going against their natural progression. But was she going to just end up a booty call?

"You got a lot of fucking questions. It's cute as fuck," he laughed, causing her cheeks to burn a familiar shade of rose. 

"But if I gave it to you, would you call me or would I be waiting by the phone for nothing?" Her tone was joking but she was completely serious. "Why wouldn't I wanna call you, baby?" He just took it as a joke, which worried and relieved her at the same time. 

She decided to test the waters. Fuck it. "Okay, but, you say that to a lot of girls, Fuckshit." It was the first time she'd ever been so bold around him. It was also the first time she'd used his name. 

She watched his eyebrows raise in interest and the corners of his mouth lift slightly in a smirk. "You're different. Trust me." 

She knew the line was cliche and overused, that she definitely was not different, and that Fuckshit was proving Naomi right, but she couldn't ignore the butterflies that swarmed in the pit of her stomach.

"Okay. Fine. Sure," she said. Fuckshit asked Ray for a pen and a piece of paper, both of which he threw across the room at Fuckshit. The pen hit him in the head and bounced in her lap, making both Ray and her laugh. Fuckshit did not think it was funny.

"Ayo, lemme get that shit too," Ray chimed from behind the counter. Ane nodded and split the paper in half, starting to write her number down. "You tryna take my bitch, nigga?" Fuckshit yelled, jokingly glaring at Ray.

"Nigga, ain't nobody tryna take your bitch! And how many times do I need to tell you that you can't call women bitches, that shit's disrespectful," Ray rolled his eyes but Fuckshit just laughed again before looking at Ane. "Nah, I'm just playin'. You ain't no bitch, 'ma." 

"Right, but other girls are?" She raised an eyebrow, causing Fuckshit to overdramatically groan and toss himself back onto the couch, head landing in her lap. He looked up at her with his deep green eyes. Ray just laughed at the whole situation. 

"We're not done," she laughed while putting her fingers in his hair and feeling his curls. "Fuck, I'd never be done with you, sexy ass," he closed his eyes and let her venture further into his thick head of hair. 

Ray scrunched up his face in disgust. "Aye, not in the fucking shop! You niggas are disgusting." Fuckshit and Ane just laughed, ignoring Ray and continuing their public display of affection. It was like everything Naomi said went out the window. 

The sun was starting to set and it got a little later into the day so the girl decided to go home. Ray and Fuckshit said they'd both be staying at the shop a little longer, probably to watch skating videos or talk about life. Slowly, the evening sky blended into the night and Ane found herself getting ready for bed. 

She was just about the brush her teeth when the homophone in the living room started to ring. She rushed down there to pick it up so it wouldn't wake up her parents when she was met with the least expected voice possible.

"Ayo, this Ane?" 

He said he'd call her, but as time began to pass, so did her expectation that he actually would. "Yes, who's this? Fuckshit?"

"No, nigga. Mr. Burns."

She rolled her eyes and wanted to laugh, but she had to keep her tone hushed so her parents wouldn't know she was getting calls after her curfew, which was 8. "I'll hang up the phone on you," she whispered. 

"You tryna go out tonight?"

She really wasn't allowed out past her curfew. Her parents would know. The one time she went to a party, where she met Fuckshit for the first time (she was positively sure he didn't even remember), she went while at Naomi's house and without her parents' knowledge.

But sneaking out right under their roof? She'd get in so much trouble. "It's past my curfew!"

"So? I sneak out my parents' house all the time. Them niggas are assholes."

The whole house was dark and there wasn't a sign of movement anywhere. It was obvious her parents were fast asleep; they were heavy sleepers. Sneaking right out the front door wouldn't be hard especially because her parents' bedroom window pointed towards the back. 

But she wouldn't be able to start her car and pull out of the driveway successfully without waking them up. "I wouldn't be able to get to my car or anything."

"Fuck that shit. That's fine, I can come get you."

She bit her bottom lip. She wanted to have some fun. She wanted to go somewhere she wasn't supposed to be, with a boy she wasn't supposed to be with, in a car she wasn't supposed to be in, and breaking a curfew she wasn't supposed to break. "Okay, okay. Park down the street and I'll come out, okay?'

"See you soon, ma'." 

THOUGHTS??  I WAS THINKING ABT REWRITING THIS ENTIRE BOOK CUZ I FEEL LIKE ITS KINDA TRASH. BUT IDK. I HAVE THE WHOLE STORY PLANNED OUT SO ILL PROB JUST SEE IT THROUGH, BUT IM ALREADY THINKING ABT ANOTHER STORY SO THATS GREAT. IDK IF ITLL BE ABOUT FUCKSHIT OR NOT, MB ABT RUBEN OR RAY. UGGGGHHHH ok no more caps!!! tysm for reading this far!!! vote and comment or ill come curse your whole family