The strangers

It's been over 4 hours since Leonna's left the hospital. A lit cigarette in her hand as she drove to try to calm her nerves. She sworn to of never touch these cancer sticks due to her mother, but she needed something to get her by. Some of the hot ashes fell from her shaky hands and burnt her leg slightly. "Shit!" she snapped as she pats the ashes off her. She swerved a bit on the rode as the other cars honked at her. "Oh fuck off!" she said as she gave a bird. The car sped by and a guy shouted profanities at her before speeding off. She put her cig out and focused on the road looking very unamused. "Like why don't ya get wrecked asshole..." she muttered. She turned on the radio for some music to relax. She continued on the road for 30 minutes until she had to slow down. It took some time as many cars had to move to the left side of the lane due to an accident. When she finally seen what was happening it was the same car from earlier and the ambulance was trying pull the lifeless body out of the now smashed car. "Oh shit..." she thought to herself as her eyes widen. She felt disturbed since she did wish him to get wrecked, but she didn't mean like this. She passed the scene and turned off the radio. She wasn't feeling like listening to music anymore.

Getting wary from nonstop driving Leonna pulled into a city area since she didn't feel safe in an unpopulated area. It was almost 7pm when she checked into a hotel she could afford. She went into her room and seen how nice it really was. It was the biggest room she's ever seen. She throws the bag of her clothes in the closet and went to look in the bathroom. It has very spaces and had a fancy hot tub. "Wow this is nice!" she cheered. She got a bath ready and went into soak. It felt really nice. After she washed up, she dried off, and put her nicest black dress on as she went to go sightseeing for a while.

Walking down the street she caught some attention from random men young and older. Some even catcalled her in front of their wives. "Yikes," she thought as she walked away quickly from that. She made her way to a nice looking bar and grill and went to take a seat by the bar area. She placed a small order of appetizers as she isn't very hungry due to her nerves.

When the food arrived she casually snacked on them as some sports were playing on the big screens in front of her. Suddenly a random drink was placed in front of her by the bar tender. "Oh? I didn't order one." Leonna explained. "Oh it's cool this gentleman sent this to you!" he said with a smile before going back to work. Leonna looked at the drink and wondered if she should. She is only 18 years old. Not the legal age of 21. But she guesses maybe she looks more mature for her age. Hesitantly, she took a sip of the drink, it was delicious! She drank it along with her food and enjoyed it. After she finished another drink was placed in front of her but this time it was the older gentleman. He was tall and very handsome in a nice suit. He maybe looked to be in his 30s but something didn't seem right to Leonna.

"Hello ma lady" he said smoothly. He smiled down at the young girl as he handed her the drink. She took it from him and smiled back. "Hello," she said back seemly entranced by his beauty. They always were. "What is a beauty lady such as yourself out in this fine night?" he asked warmly. She seemed very sweet and timid but finally answered. "Oh just here enjoy the sights of the city life. It's wonderful here!" The man's smile grew big. Indeed it is but not for the same reasons. He looked her into her eyes as her took her by the hand. "Since you are such a beautiful maiden I must gift you a gift." He magically pulled out two roses. One red and the other blue. "I'll let you decide the fate tonight my lovely."

This surprised Leonna to be suddenly given a gift. She didn't feel right with this whole situation. But this was so romantic like in the novels she's read. Maybe she should kindly accept the nice offering. Looking at both of the roses they were both vibrate in color. A blood red rose and a deep ocean blue rose. Both were very beautiful. She was about to reach out for one but was abruptly interrupted. "Excuse me I must take my daughter home now!" another man's voice boomed. It had a slight accent to it as Leonna snapped back to reality. She was stunned on what's happening she didn't know what to do. She felt an arm on her as she was being pulled away from the handsome man. The roses weren't in his hand anymore and his face seemed shadowed as she's being dragged away. It all seemed like an allusion.

As they were far enough away from the area she turned to see an older man appearing to be in his 40s or 50s. His beard was dark with some gray that matched his messy hair. He has a very bulky build. To Leonna he looks like one of those fantasy Warlocks. He stopped and turned to look at her with worried eyes. "You must leave to place now and do not turn back. Do not speak to anyone and also if you ever find that book again. BURN IT!" he demanded. He tossed a small bag at her. "As you burn the book throw that in with it!" he added. He started to hobble off but she called to him. "Hey! What is going on here? I need some answers!" He turned to her and looked her dead in the eyes. "Listen my child, there are great things in this world that's best not knowing. Just do as I say and you'll be fine." She was about to saying something else only to of hear loud honks. She was in the middle of the intersection. "Shit..." she quickly moved to the sidewalk and looked around for that strange man but he had vanished.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
I would love to give a special thanks to the artist who commissioned this for me! If ever on Deviantart they are GabrianL. They really did a beautiful job and I love it! 🥰