Truth Uncovered

Leonna sat on the bed with the book in her arms. "BURN THE BOOK!", the words of the old man vibrated in her head. She looked over at the small pouch he had given her to burn the book with. Should she? It looked like an old spell book, maybe she could use it against the pastas. But maybe things might go back to normal? But who knows. Not her obviously. She was not even mentally prepared for all of this! The old man though. Who was he to her. He felt familiar to her, but she has never met him before. It's crazy but she felt the need to go back into the woods. 

She hitch hiked to the woods and walked toward the cabin. She pondered all the strange happenings. Even before leaving her home, she wouldn't help but feel indifferent from the people. The treatment she gained when something awful happened. Her mother always covering up something. Being called a devil's spawn or evil. She not once ever mentioned her father. What has become of him? She must be something if all the town's folk feared her. It was all starting to make sense. She was a witch. 

Leonna set up a fire and signed. "I really have no idea what I'm doing... But here we go..." She closed her eyes and thought really hard about the old man. "Please come forth... my father!" she demanded. When she opened her eyes there, he stood. He looked upon her with his eyes filled with anger. He walked over to her. "Marie Ann Taylor! This isn't the time nor place for this!" She looked away for a moment like a child being scolded. "So... You are my father. But what has happened to you? Also, what is happening with me?" she asked. He looked away as he scowled. He did not want her knowing anything of what's to come. He wanted her a normal life away from all this. "You ask too many questions my child! Burn the book like I've told you and don't ever look back!" Her body was shaking. She was conflicted if she should. The book was calling to her. She couldn't fight it. She also wanted to know what her connection was to all of the pastas. Why were they seem to be interested in her. "Why are they after me? I am a witch, right? I made things happened whenever I'm sad, happy, and mad. I feel that is something I need to know before I burn this book!" she demanded. Her father's eyes widen as he spoke, "You were never supposed to know any of this! That book is a curse! It gave you that mark did it not? Its mark is like a tracker to these monsters. You, being the last one of the line of powerful spellcasters, are in danger with them! They will destroy you if you do not destroy the book!" 

The wind blew violently as Leonna shielded herself from the blast. She opened her eyes and seen her father was gone. She was in complete darkness as the fire was now out. "Oh fuck..." she gasped. In the sinking feeling in her gut, she knew it was too late! 

Whispers echoed around her. She could not make out what's being said. She was afraid now knowing she is alone. She regrated not listening to her father's words. She hated that she was so eager for the answers. She should have burnt the book when she had the chance. As the saying goes curiosity killed the cat. 

She went into the cabin and sat on the couch wondering what's to happen now. It was nighttime now. A giggle was heard. It was the same giggle from last night. She looked up and seen the little girl. She held the bear close to her chest and smiled sweetly at Leonna. "Sally...?" she asked. The girl nodded. "Mr. Slendy is coming for you soon..." the young girl said. This made Leonna's blood turn ice cold. Sally walked toward her and huffed. "Don't be sad! Let's play a game!" she said cheerfully. Leonna smiled softly. She did have a soft spot for children.