Prologue-

Ravens POV****

I ran my hands through the bed sheets with my eyes closed, searching for the boy that kept me warm all through the night.
My fingers tingled when they came across his  bare back.
"Last night was amazing."
I smiled, allowing my fingers roam his back.
It was different, hard and...covered with scars...
I ran my fingers down a large scar that cut across his back and my heart sank

I know these scars...
My eyes shoot open in shock

"Hello firefly"
I heard him say, voice drenched in mischief per usual

Cuthbert...

I sat up immediately, a little bit too fast I almost fell over

"Relax, I am not going to hurt you"
He said, looking at me from the side of his shoulders

I began to feel the tingles spread round my body as I prepared to glow this guy to white fucking ash!

"Damn..."
he stood up from the side of my bed where he was seated
"Do you seriously hate me that much now?"

"What are you doing here?"
My voice was shaky, if he's here it means that Drulock is probably here too...it means that Neon and the others are...dead

"I just want to talk to you Raven"
He paused
"If I really wanted to hurt you I could have from a safe distance...in your very peaceful sleep, I have almost forgotten how cute your light snores sounded"
He chuckles

"you...monster!"
I yelled, throwing my foot over the bed and marching towards the exit

"Where do you think you're going"
He forcefully grabbed my wrist
"getting your little mate involved won't end well for him Raven"
He stated staring at me directly, I have never seen a scarier gaze.
There was something different about him, he is stronger no doubt because of the ritual.
"I just want to talk to you Raven"
He sighed
"Please"

"You said everything you needed to say in the woods that day, remember, When you injected me with mermaids blood?"
I spat, trying to yank my hands away from him hold but i was unsuccessful, he had a firm grip.

"Raven, I was desperate, that day- That day was a mistake"

"And so was meeting you"
I spat back then he lets out a humorless chuckle
"Have it your way then"
I didn't understand what he meant by that until all of a sudden
Out of the shadows another figure who I did not realize was there stepped out, he placed a hand on Cuthbert's shoulder, his claws had a light blue glow that brought goose bumps to my skin all this time his head was hung low but I could see that he was young, probably still in high school. I looked down at the spot where Cuthbert's hand met mine and it had a soft purple glow.
Soon I began to lose consciousness. I wanted to glow it all away but I was over come by this feeling of peace and serenity, like being lured into a dangerous cave by a beautiful butterfly, my knees felt weak and soon I lost balance and fell into his arms.

"It's not too late for us"
I heard him say before it all faded to darkness...