Chapter 13: Rule #1

Jacobs POV

As expected the mess from that night was completely covered up by the Harrisons, Now every human that lives in Vladsville completely forgot that Kyle Harrison ever existed, with only the memory of Cole being the only Harrison child.

Raven and Cuthbert invited my brother and I to the moon bound pack house to spend time amongst our kind seeing as we were no longer welcome in Vladsville being werewolves hybrids my Mum also insisted that it's about time we go be with our people so we learn to find balance between our werewolf and human halves... we've been here for two years! Asher was really excited that he got to spend more time with Raven, his "Lycan father" as he called it... I was also a bit excited having Dominic around as well.

When we got there we were given a room similar to the one we had back home, it was previously Dominic's room that was redesigned to match our taste since Dominic moved into Ravens room.
I spent most of my nights here alone because Asher couldn't get enough of Raven, one time he was so excited that he'd get to go to the field of mates with Raven that he slept outside their room the entire night until Raven invited him in like a little child, Dominic wasn't so pleased.
I on the other hand didn't mind being alone, I spent most of my time writing my biographical literature inspired by all that has transpired in my short life, titled "Lose it all", When I wasn't writing I was on late night calls with my Bestfriend .

Tonight was one of those nights where I was lost in my feeling, over analyzing how things could have played out differently, what I could have done differently to ensure that Kyle Harrison survived unharmed. I laid on my bed unable to sleep, I honestly wanted nothing more to happen than for us to skip the next Fortnite till we start college. I've been training with Vanessa everyday and I think I've got a hang of my gifts....I think.
I was pulled out of my train of thoughts when my phone started buzzing from on top of the night stand where it was placed
"H-Hey"
I stuttered, hurriedly placing it over my ear

"Waw, that was fast"
He chuckled
"Don't tell me you were waiting for my call"

I rolled my eyes at how cocky he was sounding then laid on my back
"I was just with my phone, that's all. I didn't think you'd call seeing as you completely ignored my calls earlier and didn't call back till...now"

"My aunt insisted that we watched the rerun of friends together, I wasn't allowed to even look at my phone, then after that she had me follow her to her yoga session, you have to idea how much I suffered"
He nagged and I couldn't help laughing picturing how uncomfortable he must have been, I found his whole dilemma hilarious
"Who knew being a human was a lot of work"
He casually added but I could hear the sadness in his tone

"Yeah, well you'll have to get used to it. We go to college in a couple of weeks and we don't want you getting into fights you can't handle because you think you still have your vampire strength"
I reminded him, as much as he hated being reminded, that night he lost his vampire side when Cuthbert almost sent him to the other side...and his memory of what transpired that day, he remembers being locked up by Dominic, he remembers following me down to the pack house in search of Asher but he doesn't remember any of what happened in the car on our way back to vladsville, and because of that he also doesn't remember having feelings for me... I think.
I tried to kiss him when Raven and Asher revived him but he pulled away and he had this expression on his face.
What ever Cuthbert did really messed with him bad.

His father tried to change him back being a vampire once more but it was of no use, Ravens light is the reason He's alive and as long as Ravens light was still in him it always fought the vampire blood, and with that came a lot of tough decisions which included him being cut off from the Harrison family for his own protection....temporarily— till Ravens light has dimmed within him and he will then be faced with the choice whether or not he wants to continue living as a human or be converted back. For now though he stays with his Aunt a rouge hippie Vampire who up till recently cut ties with the rest of the Harrisons because certain traditions didn't support her lifestyle. she has spent most her time in the midst of human and has devised ways to live in harmony with them without occasionally wanting to sink her teeth on their necks. you could completely mistake her for one or them.

"I can't believe it has been two years already"
Kyle said
"I can't wait for us to go to college, I miss you so much. I keep getting these dreams"

"Really, what about?"
I asked, holding on to the hope that it might have been about the two of us

"It just hurts to remember honestly"

"It's okay, remember what the doctor said, the blurred out memories will return at its time. Surviving a werewolves bite genetically engineered to kill your kind leaves it scars"
That's the excuse we told him, that he lost his powers after being bitten by the guy who kidnapped Raven and my Brother, and right now he's too occupied with his aunt to properly analyze that excuse to find it's flaws.

We spoke about a hand full of things that night, with him going in detail about his day and how he tried Broccoli for the first time today and to everyone's surprise, even his, he loved it! am I even surprised, dude is so weird. I don't care if he's Human or Vampire I would love him regardless and will patiently wait to see where the universe takes us.

"Wake upppp"
Asher threw himself across my body crushing me under his weight

"Let me sleep, I was up all night talking to Kyle"
I groaned, turning my head the other way

"Awwwn love birds, does he remember now?"
Asher asked and I shook my head
"Don't worry it'll come back eventually. speaking of love birds. Raven and Dominic are going on a vacation and they refuse to let me come along with them!"
He groans faking tears

"Give it a rest Asher, you're a grown ass teenager. Let Raven enjoy this honeymoon before he gets kidnapped again"
Asher smacked the back of my neck

"Hey! Don't say that"
He scolded
"Help me, I can't be here for the next two weeks training with Miracle and Vanessa, they are so cruel"
He said placing emphasis on 'cruel' and I completely understand what he meant. Vanessa was a fire gifted beast in the training arena, she trained with us like she was out to get us but for some weird reason Raven still calls us lucky for not meeting ex gamma Niola.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm literally bad luck personified, if I attempt to suggest anything about the vacation to Dominic they'll end up never going on vacation for the rest of their lives"
I stated reminding Asher how my powers work until I got a glimpse of his expression, catching the wide smirk that spread across his face.

"That's what you want isn't it...you burden!"

"Don't give me that face, we are going to college in a couple of weeks why don't they just shift their vacation till then. Plus I think it's really irresponsible to leave the pack at this moment, it's so vulnerable right now"
Asher ranted making me roll my eyes

"What are you talking about, the pack has never been stronger. Everyone wants to form an alliance with moon bound because it is run by the last pet of Artemis. let's not even mention how defensive Iron clawed pack is now being ruled by Luther. Cuthbert is trapped in the dungeon beneath the pack house heavily guarded by the flames Niola and the elders"

"It's almost like nothing can go wrong right?"
He sighed then we both froze in place

Rule number: Don't ever underrate the universe