Chapter 3: Blood

Jacobs POV

"It was almost like the universe was trying to get to me by hurting the ones I love, seeing as before age 14 I had already written out a long list of all the possible even events that would possibly ruin my life and I was ready for every single one of it"
I said bending over the cafeteria table until I was staring at Kyle directly while he just starred at me smiling.

I have been hanging out with Kyle lately, making other friends after him didn't seem like an exciting thought anymore.
Everyone else were too cliché, sucking up to the populars.
Kyle was the only other person in school that didn't worship Coleman, according to him they didn't quite get along...that's understandable.

We hung out every day during lunch undisturbed because for some strange reason Kyle appeared cold and apparently scary to some people which is odd, to me he's just another almost Emo kid with big glasses that he always had on even though they weren't medicated or anything.
He had changed a lot from when we were still freshmen, now he's kinda good looking

Kinda...

I mean, He dyed his black hair blue because his dad hates the color.
What's there not to like about this guy!
and he is always so interested to hear me talk about how the universe is trying to kill me.
Doesn't believe me though but he indulges me.

"I discovered something, a pattern in the universes plan to break me, It always does it in ways I do not expect, so if I was able to get down all the possible ways it can make things not go as planned, I take that as a win because then I get to prepare for it.
It was pretty interesting seeing as it always finds a way that I hadn't thought of before to ruin my plans"
I sighed
"Look at the party for example,
I knew we wouldn't attend the party, but I thought that it'd be because our Mum won't let us go or we experience car trouble which is only logical right?
Never did it cross my mind that we could have gotten arrested for looking like the neighborhood hoodlums."
I said then his smile grew, he loves that story

"It's insane really that you could be mistaken for a thug, look at you you're cute, almost like a little bunny"
He said, pulling at my cheek. I responded by hitting his hand away which only made him chuckle

"I don't know what you're talking about I look really dangerous"
I said pouting and he rolled his eyes as if saying "yeah right"

My attention was diverted when Cole and his friends walked into the Cafeteria.
Asher was right besides Cole, more accurately put he was practically merged with Cole. Coles arm was swung over his shoulder as he walked, turning back to laugh at something Billy said.
Asher's expression was just...empty. With head hung low and arms buried within his pockets.

I watched as the girls in the cafeteria drooled after them as they passed.
Kyle followed my gaze
"Hey, would you like to meet up for Ice cream after school?"
He said, trying to distract me
"My Dad has this business meeting that he wants me to attend after school, I really don't want to go"

"Maybe some other time"
I said, my eyes still fixed on Asher.

I really wish I knew what was going on with him, people don't just flip like he did.

That day I decided to stick around after school, waited for football practice to finish. Watched as all the other players made their way in and out of the locker room then finally exiting the school.
I tried to stay out of sight so as not to embarrass Asher, he already made it very clear to me that he doesn't want to be seen near me.
The last person to leave the locker room was dick head Billy. I waited for a while for Asher to step out but he never did so I went in to check what was keeping him.

I was first alarmed by the sounds I heard Coming from the showers but never did I expect to meet Asher pinned to the wall, with Cole holding both of his hands behind his back with one hand and the other wrapped around Asher's neck.