Chapter 1: Rule #1

JACOB'S POV

The Universe is definitely out to get me and I know what you're going to say, that's normal everyone has bad days yada yada but I'm for real!
Right from when I was little I've always felt so...unlucky, there was this one time my Mom promised to take us to the water park, her only condition was that we behaved ourselves...

That doesn't seem tasking right?

well of course I knew that what she meant for us to be well behaved was that I should stop filling my brothers head with my theories... she referred to it as 'nonsense' but I can't really blame her .

I could barely get any sleep the night before, I just laid still, I tried not to breathe too loud or do anything that might draw it's attention to me, I basically didn't want 'it' to know that I was awake...
Like that was possible.

I slowly untucked myself from underneath my blanket before slowly proceeding to raise myself as slowly as I could. I was literally like a corpse rising from its grave.

Beads of sweat were gathered on my forehead, I didn't realize that I was holding my breath all this time.
Once I was sat up right, I looked over my shoulders, my twin brother was still fast asleep which was good...but it wasn't him that I was hiding from.

It was the Universe...

I don't mean that as a figure of speech or something. I was literally hoping to hide from the 'universe'...and yes it was out to get me.
I'll explain, ever since I was very little every time something was actually going my way or when ever I am actually close to getting what I want out of no where something happens that ruins it all, and I know what you are going to say 'that's how it is with everyone or I'm just an over thinker' which I'm not saying I'm not, I totally am, 100% an over thinker.

Fuck, you must think that i am crazy, I know I sound crazy, my family thinks so too, if my Dad was alive he'd probably think so too...

The wooden floor creaked under my foot as I tried to stand up, making me bring my hands over my head, in fear that the roof was going to fall down or something, if it did I wouldn't be surprised, I mean If anything happened to my health my Mum would be so worried, It'll be bye bye water park for the entire family. anyway I stood there for sometime, luckily nothing happened.

I proceed to take a cautious step...then another and another, slowly making my way to the closet door.

"what are you doing?"

I jump in shock when I heard my brothers voice from behind me.
I quickly brought my hand up to my mouth, placing a finger in front of it, gesturing for him to be quiet and for a second he was, probably scared that we were being burgled or something, in a way we were...being burgled by the Universe.

"Did someone break in?"
He asked, quickly throwing his sheets off his body then running to my side to clutch on to my arm. I could hear the fear in his voice, his fingers were trembling. It was almost funny that he thought I would be able to protect him if there was an actual burglary.

Almost as funny as a nine year old thinking there's something in the universe actually out to get him right?
Anyway, Who would have thought that this scarred nine year old hiding behind his twin would grow up to be the captain of the football team and Alpha of moon bound pack, but let's not jump that far ahead.

"You have to keep it down, I am trying to make sure we go to the water park tomorrow before—"
I look over my shoulders as if checking if the coast was clear before leaning into his curious ears to whisper
"Before...the universe messes it up"

His expression dropped and so did the arm that he had wrapped mine. I couldn't read the look on his face, it was somewhere between the lines of Anger and disappointment though it seemed to be tilting towards the lines of anger more each second.