Chapter 8: Confrontation

RAVENS POV

"You needed to see the look on their face"
Asher spoke between laughing fits while trying to get a hold of himself.
Not that i asked...or cared but here he was anyway rambling on about how his first raid with the other rouge wolves assembled by Cuthbert went, last night they broke into a blood bank that was disguised as a pharmacy and were able to turn the place upside down

"Mehnn, the Harrison's are going to be so pissed when they hear about this one"
He sighed, looking up at the ceiling

Did I mention that he was laying comfortably on the floor next to my bed?
How we got here I have no idea, all I did was grumble in response but I wonder which part of my 319 sighs indicated that I wanted him to keep talking to me.
His laugher subsided and for a minute he went silent...but it was short lived
"I tried to see my Brother today"
He said with a sigh
"even waited in the woods outside the school but he never came out, or maybe I missed him. You have no idea how much I miss him"
His features were softer when ever he spoke of his Twin brother, It seems like they were inseparable
"Look"
He sat up right then pulled a pendant out that was tucked in his shirt
"This is his, my Dad left us both with pendants as kids, that's what my Mum said. The first time I transformed I had his on, I figured that mine was meant to shield this part of me...the werewolf"
He rubbed his hands against the eerie green pearl.
I had seen similar stones with Trina in the past but I never really inquired much about them.
Since the peaceful coexistence treaty was signed between the human government and the werewolves we haven't really needed to conceal our traces, humans are so oblivious to the existence of any other intelligent specie anyways.

He groaned then threw his head back on the floor
"Urrgh I really hope he's okay"
He sighed, shutting his eyes tightly.

I was relieved when he finally left, that way I could go back to planning my escape.
Cuthbert Probably thinks that he has broken me since I haven't made any move to escape yet but I have to keep up the act.

With the ritual being completed his powers became god like. He normally could break mate bonds which I've always thought was unfair but now he could take it to a whole new level, severing the bond between a werewolf and his wolf.
Naturally The wolf dies being separated making what once was a werewolf a the weakest thing imaginable...a human.

In a way it was still breaking the mate bond since humans didn't have forever mates, they have soul mates and werewolves don't have souls...we have wolves.

If I attempted to use my powers, Dominic would instantly be able to track me down, I can feel him scratching at the mate bond but i have only managed to shut him out by focusing  all my attention at it, but this cursed Hybrid keeps returning to nag about his life and his Brother like I was some kind of therapist.

The doors being pushed open caught my attention since it wasn't lunch time yet.
His repugnant smell filled the room before he stepped in completely, Signature smirk on his stupid face.

"Fire fly"
His voice gets more annoying every time, he walked up to the bed where I was sat then forced a kiss on my cheek.

Goddess knows how much I want to kill him!
Keep it cool Raven...you'll have your chance...

"I am sorry i have been away from you for so long. I have been so occupied lately, who knew running a rouge pack was so much work. That plus searching for the pet of Artemis werewolf you freed from the dungeon, you see i am strong but if I am going to rid the werewolves of their 'mate' curse once and for all I need to get stronger, you understand right?"

Ozi and I are the only ones left...Crazy bastard!

"You should thank me, when I am done You'll be the only one left, which adds up because you are the strongest and you'll be by my side! A werewolf who can return everything back to its original state and one who can undo it permanently, now that is a true yin-yang. We were made for each other even the moon goddess can't deny that...well even if she could what would she do about it"
He lets out a maniacal chuckle But first I have to get rid of that your annoying Mate that keeps sending werewolves all over the place"