Chapter 9: I am the Universe

Asher's POV

Cuthbert insisted that I stayed in the shop a little longer for further observation but I left regardless. I needed to be at home right now, it would appear that my Mother didn't lie about the spasms from my childhood.

I need my pills...

My chest still hurt, Though it wasn't as unbearable as before I feared that it might happen again.
This was also my opportunity to check up on Jacob.

"Alright take someone with you just incase the Vampire shows up"
Lucka suggested but I shook my head in protest

I have been away from home for five days now, showing up with a random guy would only make my Mums worry worsen.
"I am just going to make a quick stop, get the pills then I'm out"
I reassured him.

He grumbled
"Howl if you get in trouble"
He said and I nodded in response before exiting the barber shop

I pulled my hoodie over my head then placed both my arms in its pockets as I strolled out of the alley, checking if the streets were empty before stepping out entirely.

I was hit with a feeling of nostalgia when I pulled up at our lawn even though I haven't been away for that long.
I didn't need a seer to confirm that something was off.
I ran into the house hurriedly when I met the door open.

This is strange

"Jacob?"
I called out from the living room but didn't get a response
"Jac- "
I was about calling again then Mr Henry stepped out from the kitchen

"Well well well, if it isn't the prodigal son, one half at least seeing as the other hasn't returned yet"
He stated, folding his hands

"Where is Jacob?"
I asked, hurrying into our room that was still as messy as it was the last time, Mr Henry followed behind me

"Good question! It's such a good question your Mum and I would like to know the answer as well, He left a day after you stormed out of here"
He said, letting his arm rest on the frame of the door

"What do you mean by he left?"
I became restless
"Where's my Mum?"
I asked, walking passed him back into the hallway

"Don't worry, she's fine. No help from you two by the way"
He follows behind me as I walked into her room to meet my Mum seating on a chair and staring out the window

"Mum?"
I took careful steps inside.
She turned to look at me with a bright smile on her face
"Asher! You are back from your practice?"
her cheerful tone was unnatural, this wasn't the reaction I expected to get from my Mother, this wasn't like her at all. I turned to glare at Henry who rested on the doors frame

"What happened to my mum?"
I asked, but it sounded more like a growl

"Now you want to go full Hybrid on me...right"
He said rolling his eyes.
I grabbed him by the shirt then slammed his back against the wall
"Woaw relax. I love your mother I would never hurt her. When You left without an explanation or any of its synonyms, your Mum became worried so Jacob went to look for you in whatever football camp you supposedly went to, that was until she called coach Kenneth then found out that it was all a lie. She became hysterical. Started talking about going to meet Mayor Harrison for help, you of all people should know how that would have played out. So I had her compelled, she is okay and she'll be fine as-long as Jacob shows up too...and soon"
He explained, gesturing to where my Mum was seated, still smiling like a Mannequin.

I groaned letting Henry go.

Shit Shit Shit Shit!

Jacob why!?
He should have stayed here with Mum. I was suddenly made very aware of the lump on my throat that has been hard to swallow.