About Cuthbert Prt 2

I brought my hands over my ears but I could still hear his screams spread through the entire pack house, I curled up into a ball feeling unimaginable pain spread across my body.

I was collecting a share of what ever pain was being inflicted on him through the mate bond but it was still unbearable for him.

Coupled with being experimented on, he was also being tortured for the location of the other wolves like him.
Drulock was fascinated how Elijah learnt to bend the light around him until he became invisible, he believes that Elijah has been betraying the pack for a long time.

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months filled with agonizing torture, It was all making me sick. I could free my self from all this if I cut the mate bond but that would only intensify the pain he feels. Either ways I'd still be plagued by the screams only I could hear...

I spent most of my time in the fields of mates because it was the one place that I didn't have memories with Elijah.
Was it all worth it?
I was made Beta of the mighty Phoenix pack, I was honored and celebrated for my great contribution to the future generation of Phoenix pack, but was it worth sacrificing the only person who had ever loved and cared for me?
Elijah could have gone for one of his missions and not returned but I was the reason he kept coming back to keep me safe...
That explains why he wanted me to be made Gamma, that way we could run away together...

I was pulled out of my train of thoughts when I heard the sound of twigs snapping.
"Hello there"
It was Drulocks young mate. In her arms she carried Amaras child, Lucka who couldn't wait to be put down so he could run all over the place.
She strolled to where I was laid then took a seat besides me
"What are you doing all the way out here?"
She asked seemingly concerned

"I- urrhh wanted to get some time away from all the festivities"
I told her and she nodded gently

"Yeah, Drulock is going all out with his feasts now. Have you ever wondered what your powers would be if the ritual is completed, I mean you're already strong now it's just hard to imagine anything stronger than breaking mate bonds for you"
She said, looking into the fields watching Lucka as he jump all over the place.

"You know, Drulock was just an elemental wolf of flames before he became the Phoenix alpha, after so many...well rituals, now he's like a god, he can create flames anywhere. What I am saying is that he can kill the both of us without even being here"
She chuckled making me uneasy

I stared at her through the sides of my shoulders I wonder where she was going with this, the last time i was here with he mate I became power hungry which lead me to making the biggest mistake of my life.

"I know this wasn't how you saw things playing out Cuthbert and I know this isn't what you wanted"
She said and I sighed, bringing my hands over my face
"I will be fine, the pack comes first. Elijah didn't realize that so now he's paying the price"

"He is the prize"
Venira added
"The blood moon is still years away, will you be able to keep up this tough guy act all 8 years that's left?"

"You know what"
I stood up
"It's getting late, Drulock may require my services"
I wasn't sure what game she was playing at but I don't want to risk saying something that could possibly make me end up in Elijah's position.

She held on to my hand then drew it close to her self, with her other hand she placed something on my palm. It was cold and...furry.
It moved, that was the creepy part.

"You know what you must do"
She then called for little Lucka who by this time is now covered with mate Lillies.
I opened my palm and there it was...a long mouthed rat, but I know this wasn't no ordinary rat, you see Venira has the gift to animate poison, wolfs bane to be precise.
The rat watched me with its very human like eyes, it wasn't moving around too much that shows that Venira created it for one specific purpose.