Chapter 11: A lot of fighting

ASHER'S POV

Something was wrong, there was no one guarding the basement door from the other side, it was almost like the members of the brotherhood abandoned the shop completely.
Raven sniffed around for a bit then he proceeded to climbing the shirt stairs.
On getting to the main barber shop we were met by Lucka, he looked nothing like the guy I grew fund off...he was different the scars on his face didn't help in making him look less scary.

"Trying to runaway again Raven?"
His tone was laced with a bitter undertone
"Not under my watch ever again"
The way he was glaring at Raven and Raven back at him, you knew that this was something personal

"Lucka you don't have to do this"
I tried to plead with him but I was cut off when Raven placed a hand in front of me

"Let the child go, then we'll settle this like you've wanted since Cuthbert brought me here"
Raven spoke, his voice was a lot calmer than Lucka's

Lucka began to laugh
"And why would I do that!? I've trained with you Raven I know all that you can do, you can glow us all to white ash if you wanted but you can't do that without hurting Asher. The kid stays! He's what equalizes this fight, it's just a pity that I am not allowed to kill you but I am sure Cuthbert won't stop loving you just because you're in a wheel chair"
He said, a crooked smirk stretched across the side of his face

I was getting uneasy, my palms were sweaty again, once again I've managed to still be a burden to someone other than Jacob.

Vines were creeping  from the walls and from the floor all towards our direction, trees soon sprouted up from behind us, breaking through the roof and past the walls.
"Now Raven I am sure you remember this game. Why won't you, you always won it anyway"
Lucka said, I must say I underestimated his powers to grow plants, I thought it ended at just vines but no doubt after getting it enhanced he's just unstoppable, dude just grew a bunch of trees all the way back.

"What game is he talking about"
I asked Raven, leaning into his ear

"Run"
He said before backing up into the now grown  forest behind us.

He made his way past the trees, I followed behind him mimicking his movement and trying match his speed as vines sprouted out of no where towards us. Occasionally Raven would flash his light when one got too close to where I was then the vine would drop to the ground. Soon it wasn't the vines that were chasing after us it was the trees themselves trying to lock us in.

"Shit shit shit shit"
I cursed.
The moment we tried to pass the middle of two trees they would immediately merge together, covering the gap between them.

"Fuck! And you won him the last time howww???"
I asked, trying to catch my breath as we leaped off a fallen tree

"Yeah, the last time he couldn't bend the whole forest at will all I needed to do was seize all light. If I do that now he'd just keep locking the trees sooner or later they will clap us in...that and you can't see in my black light"
He said narrowly missing a branch that fell right besides him.

Raven flashed his glow towards a particular direction and it cleared up for a bit
"Go!"

I ran through the path he created, then ended up bursting threw the windows of what used to be an equipment shop right on time because the big trees grew again in the path that Raven cleared.

I hurriedly made my way to the front of the half wrecked store, not stopping until I was back at the alley.
I hide behind the corner and that's when I heard Cuthbert's voice.

"You showed up, I am glad you could make it"
Cuthbert said and I leaned toward the edge to see who he was talking to

"Cut the crap where do you have my Mate?"
Placing emphasis on 'my mate' as if making it clear to Cuthbert that Raven was his and not Cuthbert's.
I watched the platinum blond man rise to his feet, he was completely naked, that makes the both of us.
His body looks like it was sculpted by the moon Queen or moon goddess herself...
His blue eyes was the cherry on this naked cake of perfection. I knew I said I wasn't insecure about my body before but looking at him, my hands came up to cover my area again...