Chapter 6: Raven and Asher

ASHER'S POV

I held the tray up waiting anxiously for Lucka to push the door open.
Cuthbert stepped out an hour ago and I was the only other person allowed to get close to his mate.

"Hey..."
Lucka put his hand on my shoulder just as I was about walking in
"Be careful, don't get too close he's still very Dangerous"
He warned and I nodded, exhaling deeply

A cold shiver went down my spine as I stepped in completely with Lucka quickly locking the door behind me.
The basement was dimly lit, the light bulbs that were in here all mysteriously died at the same time, now the only source of light is from a small lantern that hung from the wall.

"I- I brought you breakfast"
I announced, trying to keep my voice stern. Those were all I was allowed to say to him, though I heard from Pawface that he hasn't said a word since he got here, not even to Cuthbert, which I find kind of strange.
From all that i learnt about mates and the mating bond from Lucka I don't understand why we had to bring him here against his will when he would have gladly followed us, not being able to bear being away from his mate.
Anyway, that's none of my business,
I was officially a member of the Brotherhood now and that's all that matters, that I am able to keep My Mom and Jacob safe.
The morning of the initiation all I had to do was accompany Cuthbert to an old mansion in the middle of the woods, it seemed easy enough until this happened, now we have a person in our basement.

He laid still, curled up on the bed and not even acknowledging my existence, that's a good thing for me I guess.
I heard that he's almost as strong as Cuthbert so he could kill me before Lucka would be able to unlock the door then probably kill Lucka too.
But i don't get it, if he's as strong as they say why hasn't broken out yet or attempt to?

Again, it is none of my business.

I put the tray on the foot of his bed then I quickly turned to the exit, only stopping to look back at him for a brief moment.
His Dark brown eyes almost appeared red from where he was laid, he looked weak but that makes sense seeing as he hasn't eaten any of the food Cuthbert brings here, each time I see Lucka take a cold tray back to the kitchen only to take a new one back here.

It's none of your business Asher, your family is safe and that's all that matters.
I chanted to myself hoping to make me feel less guilty.

Lunch time I took another tray to Cuthbert's Mate, who I now know as Raven.
Lucka didn't bother to give the pep talk because of how well I handled myself this morning but I wish he did, I was trembling on the inside.

When I got in I took cautious steps toward the foot of the bed, it would appear that he hasn't moved an inch, besides his occasional looking up to see who it was then laying back down.

I dropped the tray on the bed, careful to not spill any of the orange juice on the bed
"Y-you didn't touch your breakfast"
I said, picking up the tray from earlier today

No response

My palms were sweaty, It will be very embarrassing if the tray slipped. I turned to walk away but I just couldn't contain the guilt anymore
"It's not poisoned"
I said, looking down at the tray, Cuthbert has no reason to poison his mate.

I think...

Still, No response.
His brown eyes just watched me like it was staring directly at my soul.

"Look"
I took a bite off the apple that laid on his tray, chewing it for a while before swallowing, I really hope I was right about it not being poisoned.
"See it's completely fine"
I said stretching the apple forward. My hands hung in the air for awhile as he made no move to reach out for the apple so I dropped it on the new tray