𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

_______________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 : 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘮𝘣
_______________________

katniss walked out onto the stage in the beautiful white dress cinna designed. her 'wedding dress'."when she's done with it, i wanna wear it." hattie admired. "sure, honey." haymitch agreed.

"katniss everdeen, you look fabulous. doesn't she? my, my ! whoo, whoo, whoo. now, katniss, this is a very big and very emotional night for all of us. wouldn't you say?" caesar put the microphone in front of katniss' face. the mentors impatiently waited for her answer. "don't go crying on me now, caesar." haymitch let out a sigh of relief, and hattie pumped her fist. "yes !"

"i can't make any promises. you know me." caesar laughed. "you know i wouldn't believe you, even if you did." she chuckled. "i love her ! the girl on fire is so cheeky... but katniss, on a more serious note. i think we're all here a little disappointed, more than a little disappointed, that a certain wedding did not take place. aren't we, folks?" "i'm not." hattie commented. "preach." haymitch sighed. they fist bumped.

"alas. but i am correct in assuming that this is the gown that you would have worn on that day, yes or no?" "yes. president snow thought everyone would want to see it." "well, president snow, as usual, was right. was he not folks? i love it ! i love it ! don't you love it, folks?" the audience cheered for the girl. "it's incredible. it's so gorgeous. will you do us the honor? please? please? please?"

the two watched as she twirled around, and as she continued, the fire burned away the white dress to reveal... a black dress with wings. "it's got feathers. it's like a bird." caesar stammered. hattie looked back at effie, "is this supposed to happen?" the woman just simply shrugged, and hattie turned back to the TV. "now i can't wear it." "it's like a.." "like a mockingjay." katniss told him. "your stylist has certainly outdone himself this time, hasn't he? what theatricality ! cinna ! take a bow !"

just then, peeta walked out, buttoning the last button on his blazer. "oh, don't you look dapper." hattie teased. "shut up. the collar is itching me." he said, pulling his fingers around the inside of the long collar. "beauty is pain, pretty lady." haymitch told peeta, and the blonde gave the older man a look.

"okay, well, i'm gonna go shine." peeta finally sighed. "you got it." "go rock it." the mentor's encouragements laid over each others. "whatever it takes." he said, sparing a glance at hattie. she nodded. the mentors looked back at the hologram to see peeta coming out just a couple moments later.

"but, peeta, the wedding, the marriage, never to be?" caesar asked the boy. "well, actually, we got married. in secret." the crowd gasped at the blonde. hattie looked to haymitch. "did they?" "they would've told me. plus, we've been so busy, they barely have a moment to themselves." "a secret wedding? all right. do tell." "we.. we want our love to be eternal." "of course." caesar agreed. "that sounded.." "so fake." the man and girl chorused together.

"you know, katniss and i, we've been luckier than most. and i wouldn't have any regrets at all... if it weren't... if.." "if it weren't for what? what?" "..if it weren't for the baby." hattie gasped with the audience, probably louder than all of them combined. "that... that sly bastard !" "all right. this is news ! let's find out more." the audience started to stand up and shout indistinct calls. "whatever it takes." hattie mumbled. "you made the kid do that." haymitch said. hattie's jaw dropped, turning to him and pointing back to the TV, "i didn't tell him to say that katniss was pregnant ! they barely sleep in the same bed !"