𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

____________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 : 𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴
____________________________________

hattie sat beside katniss' bed with cypress next to her, kissing both of their cheeks before leaving to talk to beetee. katniss laid asleep, until the sudden noise of the white curtain being pushed to the side. "well, there she is. the mockingjay." "jesus, johanna. scared the shit out of me." hattie sighed. "of course, wherever katniss is, hattie magically appears. but who is this yummy treat?" johanna caught cypress by his black tie, pulling him close to her. he wore a white button up with a brown cardigan and slack jeans for his long legs.

"johanna, that's my best friend, cypress. he's effie's kid." johanna looked him up and down. "nice to... meet you?" cypress said, ending the sentence as if it was a question. "mmm... effie's kid? boy, would i like to eff something." johanna said. "okay, i think it's time for me to go. bye. bye." he ran back and kissed hattie's cheek again, then katniss', before starting to leave. "what? nothing for me?" johanna stopped him. he hesitated, before pecking her cheek and running out.

"ah, squeezing them until fear oozes out is just amazing, isn't it?" johanna smiled. "i just know when you grow old all young men are going to be terrified of you. they already are." hattie told the bald girl. "oh, hattie, that speech you gave. oh, man, feel. i mean, i still have goosebumps." johanna complimented the girl, sitting onto katniss' bed and stealing the IV out of her arm.

"don't mind, do you? they cut off my supply of morphling. there's this head doctor that comes in and sees me every day, trying to help me adjust to reality." "oh, yeah, cause that's helping real well." hattie sarcastically remarked. "it's like some guy from this rabbi's warren, thinks he knows anything about my reality." johanna continued, sparing glances at hattie as she talked to katniss.

"at least 20 times in a session, he tells me i'm totally safe." "no one is ever totally safe." hattie commented. "exactly ! like i'm safe from the capitol. safe from snow. what about you, mockingjay, fire? you feeling totally safe?" oddly, hattie hadn't felt totally safe until johanna appeared. "'till i got shot." katniss answered. "i'm doing just fine." hattie replied, obviously lying.

"oh, please." johanna told katniss, "the bullet didn't even touch you. cinna saw to that. of course, your costume would be bulletproof, like hattie's over here." effie had made hattie her costume. it wasn't as sleek as katniss', but it was sure damn close. instead of black. it was a deep pink that reminded hattie of spider-man. a superhero that only lived in another reality. silly powers, but a good life lesson here and there. "so, what are your injuries?" johanna asked katniss.

"bruised ribs, bruised lung." "i'm surprised they haven't found you a new lung. i mean, i've got two, you want one of mine? i mean, it's everybody's job to keep you alive. that's why hattie, here, is here with you." "is that why you hate me?" katniss asked. "partly. you're also a little hard to swallow. the whole tacky romance drama... and the 'defender of the hopeless' act, that one isn't an act. how 'bout you, fire, what you got?" she turned her attention to the brown-skinned girl, and she just tried to wave it off.

"oh, it's nothing really. i didn't realize until i got back that i had been hit in the chest with an arrow. my suit deflected it, but i just got a punctured lung." hattie picked up a clear fluid tank that sat beside her chair johanna didn't see at first, and saw a tube connecting from the tank to under hattie's shirt. "see? that's what you give a lung for. you okay?" "yeah, i'm fine." hattie nodded. "i never asked for a lung." katniss said.