𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

_______________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 : 𝘳𝘶𝘦
_______________________
lil a / n : who's ready for a action and romance packed chapter?! i'm not. i have to edit all this shit. anyways, on with the chapter !

"where's finnick?" hattie asked while running through the train parking lot. "he's gone." "what do you mean he's gone, everdeen?" she yelled, dodging the lights and staying ahead of the actively-destructing concrete. "i mean he's—" "miss me?" suddenly, finnick appeared at hattie's side. "oh my god, i'm so going to kill you when this is over." hattie sighed, continuing to sprint until she didn't have to anymore. turning around, she saw peeta on the floor.

"peeta, come on." hattie said, bending down to stay with the boy. he held his head on the ground, "im a mutt ! i can't keep control ! leave me ! im a mutt !" "yes, you can ! look at me ! peeta, look at me." she grabbed peeta's face in her hands and made eye contact. "you've got my back." "always." he said, without missing a beat. she nodded, teary eyes. "yeah?" "yeah. yeah." he nodded. she kissed his cheek hard, then started to stand up, "come on." as she ran away, peeta and finnick caught pace with one another. "nice kiss you got there." finnick smirked.

there was a pomegranate colored kiss mark on peeta's cheek. "wonder when she applies the lipstick." finnick mumbled to himself. "i know where we are !" hattie yelled up ahead. "and there she strikes again." finnick shook his head with a smirk. "me too ! i know a place. up those stairs." cressida ordered. up the stairs, katniss could spot WANTED posters as they flew by. mostly of them. "keep going !" cressida and hattie yelled.

they kept running until they reached a bedazzled store, cressida started to knock on the door. "someone's coming." peeta said. a woman opened the door, and everyone rushed in. "close the door ! close the door !" cressida urged. katniss nocked her arrow at the woman with a tiger mask. "it's okay, katniss. put it down." hattie said. katniss hesitated, before pulling her bow down. "tigris, do you remember me? i'm front of plutarch's underground. we need your help." "clear !" gale called.

"yeah, shitbird, it's a jewelry and dress boutique, who's gonna pod it up?" hattie scoffed, shaking her head as she stood with cressida. 'tigris' looked at hattie, before walking past her, and quickly, they followed. katniss, hattie, and cressida. at a doorway, tigris reached down and opened a trapdoor. "hey, i know you," katniss said, "you were a stylist in the games."

the woman took off her hood. "until snow decided i wasn't pretty enough any more." "...tigris?" the women turned the girl, and hattie finally remembered her. her fathers cousin. "cousin tig?" "hattie." she nodded. she must've recognized her. "...i'm here to kill him." hattie commented. "his own daughter, hm? i like the sound of that." she nodded as she opened a door in the ground for them. "thanks... tig."

soon, everyone lowered themselves into the trapdoor and found themselves in the woman's 'closet'. "nice." hattie nodded. tigris closed the trapdoor behind them. "gale's gonna need stitches." cressida said as pollux sobbed. hattie sighed, and suddenly, words started to spill.

"i made it all up. we made it all up. there is no special mission from coin. only our plan. everyone that's dead is dead because of me. i lied." hattie confessed, shaking her head.

she wasn't worthy. why did she think she was worthy to kill her own father? she wasn't strong enough. she never was.

"we know. we all knew." hattie looked up from the ground. "the soldiers from 13...?" "they did too. did you really believe that jackson thought you had special orders from coin? she trusted boggs and he clearly wanted you both to go on." "no, i... i failed, though. i killed them. i never wanted to kill them. it's all my fault. i am so sorry, pollux. it was all on me, and i failed." hattie's voice broke as she pursued the sentence.