𝐭𝐞𝐧

_________________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯 : 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱.
_________________________________________
TW : sexual assault and human trafficking

"hattie, hattie."

hattie opened her eyes from cypress' shoulder, and saw colonel boggs and katniss standing over her. "come on." he told her. "comin'." she sighed, rubbing her eyes and taking katniss' offer of her hands to help her up.

they walked into the control room, where president coin sat awake. "we took their best shot. didn't we?" she asked the girls. "yeah." they mumbled. "your mother and sister okay?" she looked at katniss. "yeah, they're fine." "your boyfriend and aunt okay?" she turned to hattie. "he's not my boyfriend, and she's not my aunt, but they're both fine." "oh. my apologies." "none necessary." hattie smiled.

"i need you to do something for us. i need you to tell panem that we survived an attack by the capitol with no casualties. and we remain fully operational. okay?" the girls nodded at the president. "you should know something. we had eight extra minutes of civilian evacuation because of peeta's warning. i won't forget that." katniss and hattie looked at each other with teary eyes.

"thank you." they said.

« « « » » »

"so, katniss, it's '13 is alive and well and so am i.'. hattie, you can sit there and look pretty." effie told the girls. "job already done." hattie said. "katniss? katniss. never one to waste it in rehearsal, i know." effie sighed.

as soon as the two walked out, their mouths parted in shock. "oh, shit." hattie sighed. gale and cypress followed after the girls. at the deepest pit of the place, hattie spotted something. "hattie?" cypress called for the girl, watching her walk into the bowl-like dent. "hattie." katniss called as well. hattie didn't stop as she ran to the bottom of the pit and ran to the center. there, she picked up a white rose. porcelain and white. around her, surrounded by hundreds of roses. some a deep and light pinks, and others white, like the one on hattie had in her hand. "why would they drop these?" gale asked.

hattie looked up at him. "for me and kat."

"hey, ready to go, guys?" cressida, the blonde director asked, "we're gonna do this, just like district 8. tell me about the roses. tell snow 13 is alive and well." katniss joined hattie at the bottom of the pit. "he's gonna kill peeta." hattie muttered. katniss looked at her. "let's try again. can you speak up? we don't have a micon you. '13 is alive and well and so am i'." "he's gonna kill peeta." katniss repeated after her friend.

"i can't." the girl said. "katniss?" "you can do it, katniss." gale said. "i can't do this. we can't do this." katniss shook her head. "'13 is alive and well and so am i'." "he's just gonna keep... as long as i'm the mockingjay." hattie and katniss' eyes started to weep, and haymitch walked to them. "cressida, we should cut the cameras." effie said. he hugged the two. "it's okay, katniss. hattie. it's okay." "no. he warned me. he warned me about this. he's doing this because i'm the mockingjay. he's punishing peeta to punish me and his daughter. no. no, i can't do this." katniss said. "katniss—" cressida started.

hattie turned her head at the blonde, eyes venomous, "don't make her do this ! or so help me, i will use my fire machete on you. victim's choice." after she didn't respond, hattie went and followed katniss. "i gotta get out of here." the girl panted.