𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

__________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 : 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵
___________________________________

"hello, to all the capitol and the districts. this is your president, harriet fire speaking. please, call me president fire or hattie. since president snow has died, i would like to tell you all that you are safe. no more games, no more peacekeepers, just you, your family, and your life. now, i know some of you may not have a family anymore, so my door is always open to me or one of my associates who i personally picked. we are going to get construction started as soon as possible on each of the districts and the capitol, as well as shelter for whoever would not like to live in the districts anymore. i will do whatever i can to protect you, to connect with you, and to build your trust. i would love for all of you to pitch in and help the reconstruction, the exception of the victors. they are pledged with a life of peace and the life they were promised in the first place. please, go outside today and thank everyone who contributed to this new panem. a free panem."

« « « » » »

hattie picked up her bag and grabbed her keys. she wore a pink skirt and a white crop top, a gold medallion and pink pearl strung around her neck. "dad, will you stop feeding rue brownie eggs?" haymitch looked up from the dining table with the little blonde girl in his lap. "well, it's not like the trinket boy is coming back to cook us duck confit." "doesn't mean you have to give her brownies for every meal." she shot back, pulling her sneakers on.

"you look so sophisticated." haymitch told her, finally getting a glimpse of her. "i mean, a mom and a president at 16? no biggie," hattie shrugged, rushing over and kissing her dad's cheek before kissing rue's.

"i'll be back soon. don't make too much trouble, you two !" the teenager shouted, before finally walking out of the mansions into the spring day. the cherry blossom trees that were planted the day of president snow's execution now had blossom leaves falling off and blowing through the streets with the slow breeze of the wind. as hattie adjusted her crop top, walking down the stairs of her estate, she saw some of her friends.

"finnick ! annie !" down the street, finnick and annie odair strolled down the sidewalk while annie pushed a stroller with a baby inside. "is that baby happy i see?" "is that madam president?" finnick smirked, walking towards the girl faster before scooping her into his arms and spinning her around. "hi ! i've missed you both ! how are you?" finnick put her down and her and annie kissed each other's cheeks. "good, tired. this one has been keeping us up all night. how about you? how's peeta?" annie asked.

"i actually haven't seen him since... officially, the day you guys votes for the symbolic hunger games, but really, execution of my father. otherwise, i'm really good. i adopted rue just a couple weeks ago, and haymitch adopted me just the week before that !" hattie chuckled. "oh, congrats !" finnick said. "thanks, finn." "sorry you haven't seen, peeta, though. i heard you guys kissed right before you went to the capitol." annie apologized. "yeah, we did, but it's okay, i think we both had and have some stuff to work through, and it's better on our own. cypress has barely been here since katniss went home, he's been with her." hattie exclaimed.

"are they—?" finnick asked, and the young girl nodded. "yeah." "wow." "i know." "very unlikely couple, but one i'll take with no fight." he nodded. "anyway, i gotta go run some errands, i'm so sorry to cut this short..." "i can go with you." finnick volunteered. "yeah?" "sure, if that's okay with annie...?" "yeah, of course !" the ginger nodded. "oh, annie, you can go into the mansion, if you would like. haymitch and rue are inside, i bet rue would love to play with happy." "oh, really?" the girl nodded, "of course ! there's a ramp over there." hattie pointed over to a stone ramp, and the mother looked back to her with a grateful smile. "thank you." "no problem."