𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

_________________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 : 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦.
_________________________________________

hattie bent down to prim's level. "okay, you ready? you sure you wanna do this, babe?" "yes. yes. anything for katniss." the blonde nodded. "alright, atta girl. i'll be here the whole time. she's ready." hattie spoke into her small mic on her chest. "alright, send her in." the door buzzed open, and prim slowly walked in, with hattie following behind her.

the brown girl closed the door behind her, and prim looked through the window, making eye contact with her older sister. "hey." prim said to the blonde. "prim. hattie." "hi." hattie smiled. prim sat down on the bed, and the other girl stood close. "how you feelin'?" prim asked. "how'd you get here?" peeta asked her. prim glanced at hattie, and she nodded.

"we live in district 13 now. it's a real place. stories are true. you were rescued." the young blonde told him. "my family hasn't come to see me." he said. he looked off at the bottom of his bed. "there was an attack on 12." prim looked at hattie, and she nodded at peeta, "yes, peeta." "my family?" he looked from the teen girl to the preteen. prim shook her head, "the bakery didn't survive."

peeta let out a shaky exhale, and looked away from the two. as he continued to stare away from the girls, hattie saw his eyes darken. "prim," at the warning tone, the blonde girl looked at her, and slowly stood up from the bed, walking to hattie. hattie got closer to peeta, but not too close.

"it's because of katniss." "it wasn't because of her." hattie shook her head. "did she tell you to say that?" peeta made eye contact with her. "she didn't tell us to say anything." prim whispered. "she's a liar, prim. it's a trick." "peeta, what you're saying isn't real." prim told him. "she sent you here to talk to me. she knows you're here now." peeta's voice became panicked. "it's okay." prim tried to comfort the boy, but hattie kept her a healthy distance away.

"she knows... you can't trust her !" the boy outbursted, and hattie guarded prim with her arm. "she's a monster, hattie ! she's a mutt that the capitol created to destroy us !" hattie's hand flew to her mouth at the word he had called her friend. "do you understand me? you have to kill her, prim ! you have to kill her, hattie ! she's a mutt ! kill her ! she's a monster ! she's a mutt ! she's a mutt !" "get us outta here." hattie mumbled into her mic. "copy that."

the door buzzed open again, and hattie stared at the boy once more, before demanding the blonde girl. "go. go. go, go, go !" prim wasted no time as she turn away and run out the door. hattie stayed still for a few more moments, slowly walking back, before turning and running out. "hattie !" she heard peeta scream before shutting the door closed.

as she turned and let her back hit the door, she saw katniss standing between plutarch and cypress, an exasperated look on her best friend's face.

that was harriet fire.

« « « » » »

"please, come in."

as usual, katniss, cypress, and hattie took their seat sequence. cypress in the middle, and the two girls on his sides. cypress attended every meeting with katniss and hattie, and whenever gale decided to attend, he would sit beside katniss. cypress and hattie were still waiting for the ball to drop on gale. something had to be up.