𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

__________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 : 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴
__________________________________

though the capitol was still partly unfinished, hattie still led peeta through the filled streets and told him stories of her and cypress growing up in the city while holding onto his arm. ice cream incidents, plenty games of tag, and even the anecdote of how hattie broke her arm for the first time came up.

soon, hattie brought peeta into a familiar diner that now had a huge neon light over the door that read : 'BUSTERS'. "is that harriet fire?" the moment they set foot into the diner, hattie recognized a friendly face that went by the name of buster. "hi, buster." the owner ran to her, giving her a comforting hug before backing away and realizing who she was holding onto. "peeta mellark, it is a pleasure to finally meet you !" peeta sent a glance at hattie, and she nodded her head, signalling peeta to shake the man's hand. "great to meet you, too." "table for two?" "that would be great."

buster walked them to a cushy booth in the corner of the diner with a window view of the people walking up and down the sidewalks. "enjoy, you two." they both quickly thanked the man,  before getting comfortable in their seats across from one another. "i remember this place." peeta nodded as hattie picked up a menu. "yeah? me too. back in its glory." "how's construction going in the rest of the districts?" "we're close to being done with about half of them ! some of them are taking longer than others, though. oh, an ice cream crepe cake? i would like to see that." peeta lightly shook his head with a smile at the girl as she got distracted by the menu, and opened his own.

"what is a... 'strapatsada'?" hattie looked up at the boy's question, and put down her menu. "it's like a... a plate of eggs with diced tomatoes and crumbled feta on top, but here, they add veal fat. i hate it, but everyone here loves it." peeta leaned in close, "...how is no one here obese?" at that, hattie burst out into a fit of laughter. he soon joined her. "we walk everywhere !" was her answer. as she calmed back down, she picked up her menu and sighed, "i've missed our talks." "i've missed it too." he said, reaching out and taking hattie's hand.

they stared at each other with love in their eyes, and as they continued to talk and eat, they forgot about the rest of the world around them.

« « « » » »

"hello everyone ! i have incredible news ! just as we turn the corner into summer, we have finally finished reconstruction ! though it would usually take years to reconstruct the amount that we've destroyed, everyone has helped such a tremendous amount, and i would just like to specially thank commander paylor for being my second command in this project. on the contrary—" "mommy !" "sorry, i couldn't hold her back any longer."

peeta's back and rue joined into the frame with hattie as peeta walked in with rue in his arms. hattie laughed, "you just love interrupting my broadcast announcements, don't you, rue?" the camera caught the baby blonde nodding. hattie sighed and carried rue into her lap, and peeta swung his face to fill the screen, waving. "hey, everyone." "peeta !" the girls laughed at the man's silly actions. "daddy ! get out of the camera !" rue giggled. "oh, sorry, sweetheart. don't want to ruin your screen time." peeta took his head away from the camera, but kissed hattie once more on the head. you could see the childish and colorful doodles all along his toned arm. "i'm baking maritozzi downstairs if you want any." "ooh ! that sounds great. thanks, honey." finally, hattie looked back to the camera.