𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

_____________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 : 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘦𝘨𝘨𝘴
_____________________________

"come on ! this way !" at the sound of gale's voice, hattie had to fight the urge to turn around and walk the other way, making herself follow him. inside, the technology was on, and hattie heard LJ instructing everyone to close the curtains. one by one, each of them shut a pair of drapes.

outside, trucks approached, and hattie let out an uneasy breath. her stomach churned, and her legs shook and threatened to collapse. "peeta." he looked up slightly to the sound of her voice. "hold me." at the demand, he hesitated for well over a second before slowly putting his arms around her waist, and he soon knew why she asked him. from the waist down, her legs were wobbling like she was made of jelly. "sorry." she murmured. "it's okay... don't apologize." he muttered back.

machine guns sounded, and hattie realized the leeg sisters were inside. they sent an explosion at the building, and it crumbled. soon, everyone was kneeling down, and peeta and hattie slowly did so, still holding onto each other. then, the fanfare played on the TV.

"good afternoon. i'm caesar flickerman." hattie could feel peeta's arms start to twitch when he heard the voice of the reporter, and lightly put his head to hattie's shoulder. "here with our continuing coverage of the defence of the capitol. today, as our peacekeepers valiantly hold off the rebels, our story takes a surprising twist. harriet fire, our once favorite daughter, has infiltrated her beloved city with some of the victors, whose names are all too familiar. katniss everdeen, finnick odair, and peeta mellark." "i hate him. i hate him." hattie mumbled. "i know. me too." peeta sniffled, now keeping his eyes on the TV.

"clearly, some alliances don't last forever. take a look at what happened just a moment ago, when our peacekeepers cornered harriet fire and her band of foolish rebels." "why don't they say 'hattie' when they say your full name?" peeta asked. "sounds foolish. 'hattie fire'?" hattie murmured. "whatever arrogance brought this treacherous girl back to us, you are about to witness a great victory, not only for the capitol, but for panem." the same scene played that hattie had just watched, and she shivered all over again.

"so there you have it. katniss everdeen, the girl on fire, and harriet fire, the girl of fire, girls who inspired so much violence, seems to have met a violent end themselves. stay tuned for more information. caesar flickerman. thank you."

"so now that we're dead, what are we gonna do?" gale asked. "isn't it obvious? the next move is to kill me." peeta said.  hattie pulled herself away from the safe embrace she had with him, and gave him a look. "i murdered one of our squad members. katniss is right. i'm a mutt." "no. no. don't you ever... say that. either of you, so help me." hattie scolded, pointed to peeta and katniss.

"it's only a matter of time before i snap again. i'm not in control." peeta told them. "i need a nightlock pill, so i can die when i need to." hattie looked at katniss, and slightly shook her head. katniss didn't respond. "if it gets to that point, i'll kill you myself." gale replied.

"woah, shitbird, getting a little too excited over there." hattie put a hand in gale's direction.

...

hattie looked through the kitchen, finding some treats and bringing them back to feed everyone.

"i don't think i really ever understood the capitol until now. you eat like this you'll believe anything." gale said. "hey, shitbird, i've eaten like this for 16 years, and here i am with you guys." hattie butted in. "you need to stop calling me shitbird." gale sighed. "sure... once you stop being a shitbird." hattie nodded, offering one to peeta, "try it. it's my favorite." peeta glanced up to her face, and it held curiosity. he took it from her hand, and observed it. "what even is this?" he chuckled. the girl laid back into the couch, "brownie with chocolate coating in the shape of an egg. brownie egg." "that sounds like something that would give me a cavity." he said. "ah, i'm fine." she waved it off.