𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

__________________________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 : 76𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴
__________________________________

"i'm a soldier, like all of you, so here's what i know. for the first time in our lifetimes, we're standing together with 13 districts. from what i see here, we've already made history." the crowd cheered at paylor. hattie clapped along. "but history doesn't stop to celebrate. and we're facing an enemy that will not change and will never surrender. president snow has pulled back peacekeepers to fortify the center of the city. he's evacuating residents from the outer blocks. these civilians will be confused and desperate.

"you are under orders not to target them. we're deploying medical brigades to help anyone in need. we'll show the capitol people who we are. to slow our advance, president snow is building a minefield of traps and leather devices called 'pods'. the sadistic inventions of gamemakers meant to make sport of our deaths. if our armies make it past peacekeepers and other defences, we'll converge in the center of the city at snow's mansion, where we won't just unlock his gates, but unshackle all of panem."

everyone exploded into an applause, and paylor continued. "if we did, let it be for a cause and not a spectacle. if we succeed. let it be for all of panem, and let it be forever. yes, you've already made history. but the future, our future, starts tomorrow at dawn, when we march together into the capitol." cheers came from around them.

hattie just started to play with her hair.

« « « » » »

"squad 451?" gale walked in on the girls packing their bags in their tents. "looks like you got your meals covered. and your weapons. fire, is that a shotgun?" gale pointed into hattie's bag, and hattie just zipped the pocket closed, looking into the eyes of the boy. "you don't wanna know." "trying to be prepared." katniss said. "don't lie to me. we've been hunting together all our lives. i know when you're gonna go off on your own. you gonna leave me behind, too?" gale asked her.

suddenly, it felt as if hattie didn't exist in this atmosphere anymore.

"as your fellow soldier, i suggest you stay with your unit." at katniss' statement, hattie snorted. she felt gale give her a look, "why are you even here?" he asked her. "because this is our tent, shitbird." she responded harshly. "i couldn't stop you if you wanted to come." katniss told gale. "hawthorne, fire, everdeen, come meet your new unit." a voice called from outside.

hattie stood up and left the tent first, and katniss and gale glanced at each other before following. "i'm lieutenant jackson, and i want to introduce you to your squad. this is second lieutenant mitchell, best sharpshooter in panem. these are the leeg sisters. first combat division." "hey," hattie smiled at the sisters. "hi." they greeted. "and this is corporal homes."

hattie smiled at them, until katniss said, "finnick." she walked behind the tent, where the blonde man stood, and hattie ran after her. "are you with us?" "looks like it." he said. without another word, hattie threw her arms around the man, and he hugged back with a smirk. "that was a short honeymoon." hattie commented into his shoulder. "yeah, well," they separated, and he and katniss hugged, "i guess we're gonna have to have one in the capitol. after we take it." "only way, baby."

"gather 'round." they heard boggs call. "squad 451, you're my unit. lieutenant jackson is my second in command. each one of you is elite in some form of combat. but we are a non-combat unit. so we'll be following days behind the front-line troops." lieutenant jackson said. "you're to be the onscreen faces of the invasion. 'the star squad'. it's been decided that you're most effective when seen by the masses." cressida explained.