Chapter 54: I've Got You*

"I've got you," I mumble as I grip April's shuddering body to mine

I force myself not to close my eyes so I can watch the dazzling haze of blue light that has surrounded us begin to dissipate, despite my desire to bask completely in its exhilarating joy. Much of the magic focuses somehow back towards April, as though she's pulling at it like a magnet. Some continues to melt against my skin, though not nearly as much as a moment ago. Pure bliss.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

::Whatever that was, I want more of it.::

April buckles forward and catches herself on the column in front of us. My heart feels like it's pounding a metre outside of my chest. I pull out of her with a final shudder and I honestly wonder if my legs might give out.

"Sebastian," she gasps desperately, trying to catch her breath. It sends a shock through me.

I love hearing her gasp my name.

She flails an arm behind her, reaching for me, and I'm able to catch her hand to support her, saying again, "I've got you." Her whole body is quaking. After a quick yank to my boxers and pants and a hope they'll stay more-or-less in place, I shift my whole focus back to April.

My love.

Instinctively, I guide us downwards, moving my body to the floor with my back against the nearby column. She collapses across me, narrowly avoiding landing directly in my lap and – thank merlin – preventing what would have been quite an uncomfortable jolt. Her legs are bent, bridging across mine. I can sense a subtle writhing in her hips as she relishes the echoes that pulse through her.

::Fucking yes. You did that, mate.::

As she looks towards me, her hands become frenzied, pulling herself towards me and gripping at my abdomen, chest, shirt, collar, neck, and jaw, finally pulling my face to hers. With my arms around her I can feel her body literally buzzing. It's a familiar sensation to me. I catch a glimpse of her eyes before her lips demand mine and the way she engulfs me would be impossible to resist if not for what I have just seen.

Pulling away from her is torturous, and she coos repeatedly in protest. Her desperate, wanting sounds tear at me but I force myself to whisper, "hey, sweet girl, hey – look at me."

"Hmm?" she voices as her eyes blink open and what I see looking up at me is both shocking and spectacular. Normally a deep, vivid, grassy green outlined in flecks of gold at the perimeter, April's eyes are dancing –swirling – with countless hues of blue. If I didn't know what I was looking at, I would say they were glowing. Even still, I've never seen her ancient magic overflow into her eyes this way – never more than a glimmer.

Merlin, that's a lot of unrestricted power.

::...Fucking take it. Take her.::

Absolutely not.