TWO

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

She brought her hand back down hard, clanking her fourth shot down against the wooden bar top. She looked at Jackson with her chin slightly tilted up, a close mouthed smile at him.

"So," she said, putting her hands on the top of her knees. "Tell me about your day. What was it like being all doctor-y?" she asked.

He shook his head, looking away from her. "It's a lot of boring hospital things, you don't want to know about it." His lips tilted downward in half a grimace and half a frown, as if to just brush off the topic.

He took in a large inhale, throwing on a smile and pointing at her with both hands open. "Let's talk about you, about your new job, about getting your Ph.D, about not telling me you were moving here until you needed someone to pick you up from the damn airport this morning right before I had to be at work for my rounds."

His eyes widened with humor and his head tilted from side to side as he teased her for the last minute news bomb on him for that morning. He moved closer to her for emphasis on his teasing.

She scrunched her lips together in a failing effort to refrain from smiling. Choosing to ignore his comments and pushing his face away, she insisted, "But I do, so tell me."

He squinted for a second as he took up her challenge. "Fine," he surrendered, leaning back from her.

"Well, after I was almost late to work because I had to drop you and your million suit cases off at your apartment, our former Chief of Surgery stepped down and is now a regular surgeon, our famous Dr. McDreamy is now our Interim Chief of Surgery, some of the Seattle Grace residents I'm almost friends with were implying he was going to go after us Mercy Westers in his quest to bring the hospital back to its former glory, and McDreamy gave April her job back." There was a momentary silence before he added, "Oh, and one of my almost friends' formerly cancerous surgeon wife was back very briefly, we all had a talk about if we would choose surgery or love, then she left again."

He watched her face as she took in the information, her eyes widening and face scrunching during some parts of the story, especially the one about his almost friends and the formerly cancerous surgeon wife.

"This feels like when you were trying to help me study for my pre-calc final," she blurted out.

He chuckled. "We're never talking about my work again."

"What?"

"You failed that math final."

She scowled at him and said in a high-pitched, mocking voice, "you failed that math final." In her normal voice with a deadpan she added, "Maybe you were just a bad teacher. And can we rewind a bit here, what the hell is a Dr. McDreamy and April got fired?!"

"She got re-hired!"

He laughed at her reaction, the way her eyes squinted in confusion at Derek's nickname or practically bugged out at the news about April.