FOURTEEN

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Mark Sloan kept glancing over to Lexie from his spot next to Owen at the makeshift alter, something Blair had noticed from her spot sandwiched between Jackson and Declan.

She heard a sniffle as the marriage officiant spoke to the crowd, and peered over Jackson to see April standing there with a sad smile on her face, tears running down her cheeks profusely. She stepped around Jackson, both boys in her presence watching her move over to wrap her arms around April and hold her.

Blair knew what was on April's mind: watching this new life blossom out of the ending of others, because the only way to go from here was up, and to go up was to move on from their grief. Blair could still hear Charlie's raspy voice or the little chuckle he had saved just for his conversations about Reed and she could still smell the incense Reed would always burn in her apartment with April. If it was all so alive still for Blair, of course it had to be worse for April.

Watching them up there was beautiful, as everyone in that room celebrated watching another chance at life be taken so willingly.

She looked at Jackson, endless thankfulness for the world that he was standing there with her.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

In the sanctuary of the surgeon sorority house, the inhabitants had the nice safe haven from the gawking of other people. In the resident lounge, other residents stared at them, around the hospital, patients whispered about the incidents, wondering exactly what happened and to who. But inside of that house, they got to be invested in worlds other than their tragedy.

"I'm just saying," Alex said, following Jackson down the hallway, both of them still in their sleeping clothes, "Blair hates sleeping in the same bed as other people, ain't no way you two are just friends if you're sleeping on the same bed!"

Meredith, who was passing by the two of them, nonchalantly commented, "Cristina and I sleep on the same bed."

"Yeah, and the two of you are twisted," Alex remarked.

Jackson rolled his eyes, stopping in front of his bedroom door abruptly, and he swung the door open for Alex to peer inside. When he did, he saw an air mattress on the floor.

"Oh," Alex seemed to deflate, his teasing against the Avery meaning nothing now.

Jackson had his arms crossed over his chest, raising his eyebrows and agreeing, "Yeah, oh."

The two of them went over to the kitchen where Blair was making coffee. Lexie and April were sitting together at the kitchen island, eating bowls of cereal.

"Oh, woah, I didn't know you had a tattoo, Blair," Lexie said, her eyes honing in to the tiny inked design. "Is that a ghost?"

Blair had been wearing a camisole tank top that rode up when she turned around to face them, exposing a small portion of skin at her waist. On her right just above her hipbone was the outline of a ghost with a crescent moon behind it.