THREE

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

The day before when she took a break from unpacking and moving around furniture, she went outside to go for a walk and see what was in her area. After stopping by a coffee shop for a hot white mocha, she found herself finding a small Asian market just a few blocks away from her building.

Thank God, she thought.

And thank God, indeed, as she had agreed to cooking Jackson breakfast in the morning if he stayed the night to help her move her furniture when he woke up. The market had been small, and their section for the Philippines even smaller. But she managed to find Martin brand Filipino red hotdogs and Pampanga pork tocino. Not the most healthy breakfasts, especially when paired with garlic rice and an over easy egg—or over hard for herself, she didn't like the yolk—but it definitely hit the spot.

She had cooked rice the day before, and unlike her parents who always kept their large rice cooker on, she had unplugged it and put the rice in the fridge for safe keeping. It didn't leave the rice fluffy like her parents and made the top layer kind of hard, but she found herself saving a few dollars on electricity back at her first apartment, and now that she was on her own in Boston, she wanted to keep that habit.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

She was surprised Jackson could sleep with the sound of the oils from the meat sizzling in her pan or the sound of her range hood sucking in the smoke. She had propped open a window, too, to make sure the place didn't get too smokey, but kept the blind shut since he was still sound asleep on the couch with the blanket pulled over half of his face, stopping at his nose.

"Av," she said, shaking his shoulder. "Avery."

He stirred pretty easily from there, probably a result from having to wake up from the sound of pagers. Though, the sizzling in the kitchen should have woken him up.

He blinked a few times, orienting himself as he tried to mentally remind himself of where he was. Blair moved here, this is her apartment, he thought once his heart rate started slowing after his initial panic of not recognizing his surroundings.

"Food's almost done," she told him, walking back to the kitchen without another word.

He watched as she walked away, still blinking the sleep out of his eyes as her let the reality of her being there really sink in. 

She never saw the way he smiled at her that morning.

He threw the blanket off of himself, heading straight for her bathroom. She could hear him brushing his teeth in there, before the water ran for quite a while, and she assumed he was washing his face. 

He never knew the pit in her stomach when she thought about how he was waking up in her apartment. Sure, she had visited him before, but he always had a roommate. It never really felt any different than college, but knowing it was just them in her own apartment had a momentous feeling of its own.