SEVENTEEN

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Department meetings, going over course schedules, and checking her many syllabi

Department meetings, going over course schedules, and checking her many syllabi. That was what Blair's life had gone back to looking like, which also meant: no more practically living at the sorority house. Not when her apartment was closer and quieter and had all of her actual things there.

She also thought that she had to pull away a little bit from Jackson. Their closeness was taking a sharp turn down a road she had always tried to avoid, and she was trying to feel less attached. She was right when she first left Boston, though. If she moved out, she would feel her parents slipping away.

They didn't call or text after the shooting at Seattle Grace, but she did have a call with them a few weeks ago just asking for an update on her life and if they should be expecting her back for Thanksgiving in a few months. It didn't end well, with Blair telling them that she was, in fact, grieving the deaths of two friends, but it was nice to know that they remembered they had a daughter in Seattle at all.

She sat next to Declan, still technically just an assistant professor under him and therefore only teaching two courses on her own and two that she assisted Declan with that semester.

The two of them sat in silence, waiting for their meeting to start. It was an English department meeting where they basically just talked curriculum, course goals, reading material, and all the jazz. Not that she really felt like she had a say in it as a non-tenure professor.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was from Avery. She smiled down at his name, she hadn't talked to him in a few days with how swamped she had been getting prepared to start the semester.

1 photo attachment.

She clicked on the message, opening it up to a mirror selfie of him inside of rhe resident's lounge—he had no right talking about the brown of her office when their glorified and fancy locker room was also all brown—and it was him in dark navy blue scrubs. There was a giddy smile on his face.

She zoomed in to the locker behind him, seeing photos put up, hanging off the top. She could see herself.

She ignored that, though she did smile when she could make out exactly which photos he had put up, and she responded back with a few question marks.

"We're attendings for the day. dark blue scrubs!!!

She mumbled, "Ohhhhh," to herself, nodding as her nails clicked against her screen, responding.

Blair typed back, "nice! fancy :) very smarty pants of you :))"

"Declan," she said, getting the man's attention as she held her phone up to their faces to take a selfie.