CHAPTER 6: MORE THAN WE THOUGHT...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

HI. I deleted art from here because of second hand embarrassment btw I feel so frucking bad for the people who saw that SCREEE I swear I'm better at art now I SWEAR

-10 19 2023 

CHAPTER 6: MORE THAN WE THOUGHT...

Numen = Divine power (Latin)

Evanscet = Disappear (Latin)

Augere = Augment (Latin)

Corporalis = Physical (Latin)

Psychica = Psychic (Latin)

~KAYDEN'S POV~

"Get on your knees," I said nonchalantly. "Okay!" Jiwoo replied submissively, lowering to the ground, and sitting respectfully as I neared.

"I'm going to give you a tiny bit of my power. Just enough to fend off the cat with."

"Really? You can do that?!" Jiwoo beamed, smiling like an idiot again. "Don't get ahead of yourself, it's just a TINY bit, emphasis on tiny, and the effect will be temporary." I sighed.

"Okay!" Jiwoo still beamed. "Anyway. Let's cut to the chase." I dismissed and reached for her forehead.

"Can you go a little lower please..." I said, irritated with my lack of height. She nodded and lowered her head.

I rested my ball of fuzz for a paw on her forehead, cringing slightly. "So soft..." She sighed in bliss, her eyes sparkling as she leaned into the touch.

That little...! My face felt hot from embarrassment, and it took everything in my power not to wring her neck out right there and then.

"Do something so brazen again and I'll have your head." I dared, glaring at her diabolically. "So mean..." she puffed her cheeks up, pooching her lips in disappointment.

I cleared my throat, and finally channeled my numen inside of me, transferring a portion of it to her. Through every millisecond I could feel my energy disappearing, leaving me incredibly fatigued at the end of the transfer.

My paw fell to the ground, and I swayed from the dizziness.

"Wow... I can feel the power surging through me! It feels a little... Electric?" She said, holding her arms out in front of her as sparks of electricity traced her hands.

"That's because electricity is my ability. Idiot." I scoffed. She looked down at me, furrowing her eyebrows. "Mr. Kayden... Are you okay? You don't look so good..."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged. No, I'm not. But whatever. She looked at me a moment longer before nodding at my answer.

"Alright, we should go find that cat now!" she said in excitement. "I don't think you'll need to," I said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" she glanced at me quizzically. "It's already here."

Both of us glanced upward. Standing roughly 6 meters away was the deranged cat.