CHAPTER 14: MEMORIES OF HARDSHIPS AND TALES OF SNOWFLAKES.

AUTHOR NOTE: HI I GOT THIS DONE LIKE REALLY FAST HOLY SHAT BUT ANYWAY. 

KAYDEN LORE ✨✨✨

TW: SAYING 'TW' MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL SHUSH

CHAPTER 14: MEMORIES OF HARDSHIPS AND TALES OF SNOWFLAKES.

|

DOCTOR DELEIN'S POV:

.

.

"DAMN IT!" I slammed my hands on the table, gritting my teeth and suppressing the urge to scream and cry.

"It didn't work. It didn't work. It didn't... Work..." my voice cracked at the last words. Two tears streamed down my cheek.

"Yet another test subject is dead...! What did I do wrong? I thought this latest concoction was perfect—!"

I whipped my hands across the contents of my desk, everything crashing to the floor in a heap.

"And I even lost one of my most potential successes..." I buried my face in my hands, tears streaming down my face as I fell into my swivel chair.

"And somehow, I'm out of test subjects?"

I turned to look at Wooin who stood stiffly by the door. "Explain."

He hesitated.

"How the hell, out of the abundance of test subjects I had merely days ago, did they all suddenly run out?"

"...They all died, sir."

"Died? And what did you do with them?"

"I burned the remains." he didn't look up. He stared at the floor, seemingly absent of emotions.

"Wooin."

"...yes, sir?"

"Get me more felines," I ordered, my voice quiet, yet nonetheless assertive and boiling with anger.

"About that. People have begun to take notice of the amount of cats missing in the area. Police have started to intervene."

I didn't like that answer.

"Do you need me to walk you through every little thing!? If you can't find cats here, then look somewhere else!"

Without thinking, I flung my hand forward and backhanded him. His face bent to the left, and his glasses fell to the floor.

A blistering silence befell the whole room.

"...yes sir." his cheek was red, swelling, and ever-growing purple.

I felt an instant pang of regret.

Shit.

"...Wait, Wooin, I'm sorry..." I reached a tentative hand to brush his cheek.

He flinched.

Damn it, I'm such an idiot. I mentally beat myself.

I had just hit my own son— ...Wooin, in the heat of the moment.

Then came the settling sense of mortification when he flinched away.

"...I'm sorry..." my voice cracked. I felt another round of tears rising to my bottom lids.