CHAPTER 19: KAYDEN BREAK

AUTHOR: lol it would be funny if I just killed off Jiwoo this chapter and ended the story here 😀🤡❤️

More word vomit from your favorite author 🥹

TW: VIOLENCE ✨

CHAPTER 19: KAYDEN BREAK.

JIWOO'S POV:

~

.

.

"Looking for something?"

A chill wind blew in through the alley, forming goosebumps on my forearms. The sun was buried in winter clouds that threatened to snow. The alleyway was eerily silent, so much so that when that dreadfully raspy voice cut through the silence, the air caught in my throat and I ceased to move.

An eternity of a moment passed before I dared to glance to my left and up at the horribly familiar man sitting carelessly on the steel steps.

Upon seeing his twisted smile and the cruel glint in his eyes, my mouth ran dry.

Wait a minute... this man— He's The one who abused that gray cat!

What should I do? What if he recognizes me? Did I already give myself away?

"I said, are you looking for something?" he lifted an eyebrow, resting his chin in his palm.

Thank God he doesn't—

"Uh— uhm..." Cold sweat dripped from my forehead and onto the pavement, where it froze into the ground.

Just act natural...!

"N—no, I was just uh... passing by..." I lowered my head and took a step forward, poorly attempting to get away.

"Why are you lying to me?" he scoffed.

What?

"Uh... I'm sorry—?" there was a tremble in my voice. It was a dead giveaway.

"You were looking over there—" he pointed, "—for quite a while, there..."

"Oh, that's uhm... because..." I scrambled my brain for answers, an uncomfortable flush heating my face.

I was sweating profusely.

"Haven't I seen you before?" he scrutinized, putting a thoughtful fingertip to his lip as he stared at me.

That was my cue to go.

"Sorry, I really have to be somewhere..." I was barely two strides away from where I was before being stopped.

"Ah... I remember you..." an evil grin stretched his wrinkled face. "The one who stole my cat..."

He threw his open hand forward and stood up, "...Was you."

He knows!

Red numen swirled and gathered at the palm of his outstretched hand, and it was then that I bolted.

My getaway was abruptly stopped when something with immense pressure struck my lower back with so much force that I was sent flying across the alleyway.

I could've sworn something snapped when I slammed against the hard brick wall of the building beside me.

I fell to the ground in a heap, the wound on my back shooting bullets of pain up my spine as I forced myself up, my arms trembling at the attempt.