CHAPTER 7: "A...WAKENED?"

AUTHORE'S NOTE: HEYLO I HAVE THREE CHAPTERS OUT FOR YOU HOPE YOU LIKE-! 

Fun Fact: Electricity isn't the first power Kayden learned to use in this 🫢🤭

CHAPTER 7: "A...WAKENED?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JIWOO'S POV

"Aunt Ha-eun..." I trembled at the horrifying scene before me.

A radiating purple dart shot through the dark hallway, straight into Aunt Ha-eun's abdomen. Blood poured out of her gut and splattered onto the ground. Her eyes dilated at the pain, as she realized what had just happened.

She slowly reached her hands to her bleeding abdomen, hesitant to touch the wound as her hands were stained red.

Staring at her wound a moment longer, wild-eyed, she retched blood onto the floor.

"Aunt Ha-eun!" I cried out as I ran to her aid. But the more I ran, the further she became.

"Jiwoo..." Her eyes unexpectedly met mine, a firm look overtaking her face, fighting to keep a sane expression.

I halted as tears streamed down my face, silencing my whimpering so that I could hear what she had to say.

"Go..." Her voice shook, but she still held firm to her order. "But- Aunt Ha-eun...!" I was conflicted.

"I said go!" She shrieked, glaring at me with both love and hate. Two very different things mixed into one expression, both barreling over each other to see which one would take control.

I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Literally.

A hand gripped my throat, lifting me off my two feet without a breadcrumb's worth of mercy.

I looked from my Aunt and to the one strangling me.

A man in his late thirties. Dark slicked-back hair, pale eyes and a strong figure.

"You did this, didn't you..." I barely managed to utter as I clawed at the hand that choked me.

"Maybe, maybe not." He played coy, enjoying my struggle. Hot tears spilled out of my eyes.

"You did that to my Aunt...!" my voice wavered, hate re-shaping my face as I dug my nails into his hand.

I fought to stay conscious with the little air I had. "You..." I uttered as my Aunt shrieked for the man to let me go.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!!"

.

.

.

I shot up, hyperventilating and trying to process what just happened.

I rubbed my eyes, adjusting them to the morning light.

Finally able to properly see, I looked around my surroundings, observing whether everything was real or not.

"Ah, just a dream..." I said aloud, hesitantly reassuring myself as I wiped the cold sweat off my forehead.