T W E N T Y T H R E E

As you were driving back, unable to contemplate how one night changed the trajectory of everyone's lives. All because of one person who just wanted to satisfy his male ego. Yoongi's memories came to you as if you were watching a movie out of it. Your first meeting ever with him, him being by your side whenever you had a breakdown, you both making each other smile.
Those memories made you laugh and cry at the moment. A tsunami of grief flooded your mind and came out as tears from your eyes.
Jimin was observing you the whole time but didn't dared to invade your privacy. He surely was regretting it.
You saw the car in which Yoongi was, parked outside Lily's house. You opened your lips to question but sealed it back.

Finally you admitted Hoseok in the hospital. You were beside him during the whole time while he was in the surgery. The staff tried to stop you but you didn't listened anything. They can't hold you long enough after you showed them that you're a doctor too. After a while you came out and sat down on the bench in the hallway with your face downwards at your shoes. Jimin came back with water and sat on the other end.

"Here, you must be tired."

"Yes, of you, of my life.", saying this you threw your glove away making Jimin flinch.

"I am sorry but I loved you that's why-"

"That's why you did all this, that's why you killed him Jimin? And how can you still say that you're not wrong? Jimin- leave it. Who am I even asking!", you scoffed at the end of the sentence while looking at him.

Jimin looked down. He was drowned in shame. Park Jimin who in normal days wouldn't  listen to even half of your words is now silently taking it all in. The sudden change in his behavior didn't go unnoticeable but you were still contemplating if it was just another show or this time, reality. He understood the heat of the situation. Jimin got up and walked away, leaving the water bottle near you.

After getting treatment yourself, you came to Hoseok and sat down on the chair beside him. His whole body except his face and throat was covered in bandages. He was injured from head to toe. You travelled your fingers over his cheeks which made him open his eyes. You smiled through the stabbing pain.

"Are you okay Hobi? Do you need anything? Is it too painful?-"

You were asking him non stop question when he pulled your hands causing you to fall over him and your lips touched his. You were shocked at first but felt so comfortable to finally touch him, see him, kiss him. The way your lips hovered his and moved in sync never felt so damn good. You then realized how you were like a cold mist without your sunshine. He freed your lips and glided his hands, outlining the side of your face. You could see him holding back his tears.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I left you alone there. I'm the reason for whatever happened with you and...and Yoongi."

"No Hobi", you said wiping his tears, "don't say anything else. You don't need to give any explanation, there's nothing to explain."

"But Y/n-", you placed your finger over his lips.

"Shh!"

He stopped. You embraced him making you both felt like home. You both burst into tears. You can't stay strong now, not anymore. It's okay to cry sometimes but don't you break yourself down. It'll hurt, very much, but it was destined.
Not every memory can be good. Not every end can be happy. You accepted it, what happened, it wasn't in your hands. But maybe Yoongi's life was. Clearly.

Jimin was looking at you both all the time through the glass on the door. You were about to notice him but he turned to side. He let out a heavy sigh, his hands contemplating whether to talk with you or not. Knowing any conversation won't take him anywhere, he left.

No matter how good you are, you do have a bad side. And with Jimin, no matter how cruel he was, he did had a soft side which finally took over him.

No emotion last forever.

After a while, a staff called you. To see Yoongi, your life saver, one last time. Hoseok also wanted to come with you. You sat him on the wheelchair and started to walk, with a heavy heart. Every step was draining you. The more you moved closer to the see him the more heavy your heart gets. The lump in your throat made you mute for the time being.

You, Hoseok and Jimin went inside the room. You didn't wanted Jimin's presence around you anymore but he insisted. After a heated argument of 20 minutes you gave up with his stubbornness .

His lifeless body was lying down with a white cloth upto his neck. You can still see the bruises he got while trying to save you. Even the white blanket has red spots showing how deep his wounds could be that the bleeding didn't stopped for a long time.

You couldn't bring yourself to utter a word but you had to. It was the last thing you'll ever tell him. You took his cold and numb hands in yours, trying to give him a bit of warmth if he still had a sensation left.

"Yoongi... Thank you. And sorry. A sorry is worthless but still... I hope you'd be happy and free wherever you are. I hope we meet again. Goodbye.", that was the limit of your words. Another word and you'd burst into tears.

You stepped back and bowed, everyone did the same.

Time seemed to have frozen for you in that bow. Tears were falling over your shoes were very visible to Hoseok. He clutched onto your hands tightly and gave you an assured look of it's fine, not your fault. But wasn't it?

When you were coming out of the room, the staff handed you a letter found from Yoongi's pocket.

It said, "Open on my funeral since you will have a lot of questions that day. Don't cry mam. I am happy here."

You didn't cared about another puzzle, another surprise. What will happen now will just happen, with a defeated heart you accepted it. It wasn't your victory or freedom. It just wasn't worth it but you can't waste Yoongi's sacrifice like that. With what you had, you had to stand up again. For Hoseok, for Yoongi and for someone who will be a part of your life soon now.....

Author-

Heyy!!  This part is pretty much unedited, I loved it. Hope you do too ;)
Would love to see your comments lovelies <3

Who will be a part of your life soon?

Take care and stay hydrated 🎀