𝟬𝟬𝟭. it's not a date !

chapter one
IT'S NOT A DATE!

OUT OF ALL THE THINGS, Gabriella Mayfield wanted to do with her day, helpingAnnabeth Chase get ready for her date with Percy Jackson, has got to be at the bottom of her list

Annabeth Chase get ready for her date with Percy Jackson, has got to be at the bottom of her list. Although Annabeth never said the word "date", and denied it every time, Gabriella could see right through her.

Only one person knew about her crush on Annabeth, and that was Melody Lewis. Melody has been Gabriella's best friend since they were twelve years old. When Percy arrived, Annabeth started hanging out with him more. Gabriella and Annabeth were still friends, but she missed how close they were. Then she met Melody, an Apollo kid with amazing music taste and a great shoulder to cry on. Melody became someone who she could share anything with; including her secret crush.

When Annabeth casually mentioned hanging out with Percy outside of camp, Gabriella told her to stop by her cabin before she left. Gabriella wanted to make sure she looked good (not that she didn't) and presentable. And thank the gods she did, because Gabriella was close to having a mental breakdown when she saw Annabeth's hair.

It was a fucking mess. Her beautiful, gorgeous, dark brown hair was tangled and all over the place. Seriously, did this girl ever brush it?

With that, Annabeth found herself sitting on Gabriella's bed, while Gabriella brushed her hair. Melody decided to come in and hang out as well. She was lying down on the side of the bed, drawing something in her small yellow sketchbook. Although Gabriella may not be ecstatic about the idea of Annabeth on a date with Percy, she knows how to keep things professional. And by professional, it means doing what any best friend would do when their friend gets a crush: tease them relentlessly.

"It is not a date!" Annabeth protested for the thousandth time.

"Yeah, right." Melody scoffed, putting down her pencil to look at her. "Do you realize how rare it is that Chiron lets us out of camp?"

"She has a point," Gabriella nodded. "Also, are you sure you're going to wear that?" She gestured to Annabeth's outfit: her orange camp shirt, and light blue jeans. "I mean there's nothing wrong with wearing our tacky camp shirts - but it isn't very first date material."

"It. Is. Not. A. Date." Gabriella didn't miss the way Annabeth cheeks flushed bright red as she said it. Annabeth then let out a yelp when she brushed a knot in her hair. Annabeth glared at Gabriella, while she just shrugged.

"You need to take care of your hair." Gabriella chided. She grabbed an orange scrunchie from her wrist, and used it to tie Annabeth's hair into a ponytail.

"Do you wanna wear makeup?" Gabriella asked, as she went to grab some lip gloss by her bedside table.

"Brie, seriously, it's just Percy. We're just going to watch some dumb action movie, as friends." Annabeth made sure to put emphasis on the last word. "He just had his orientation at Goode, and I want to help him feel better."