𝟬𝟬𝟱. lovergirl's first quest !

chapter five
lovergirl's first quest !

chapter fivelovergirl's first quest !

"MY DEAR," Chiron said. "You made it."

Annabeth walked into the arena, sat on a stone bench, and looked down at the floor.

"Well?" Quintus asked.

Annabeth looked over at Percy, and then at Gabriella. Gabriella wasn't sure if she wanted to warn them, or if the look in her eye was just fear. She then turned to Quintus. "I got the prophecy. I will lead the quest to find Daedalus's workshop."

No one cheered. Everyone liked Annabeth (some more than others), and wanted her to have the quest, but this one seemed dangerous. Annabeth looked terrified in there yesterday. After seeing the effects it had on Chris, Gabriella doesn't even want to think about Annabeth going in there again.

Chiron scraped his hoof on the dirt floor. "What did the prophecy say exactly, my dear? The wording is important."

Annabeth took a deep breath. "I, ah . . . well, it said, You shall delve into the darkness of the endless maze. . ."

Annabeth paused for a moment, the continued. "The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise."

Grover perked up. "The lost one! That must mean Pan! That's great!"

"With the dead and the traitor," Percy added. "Not so great."

"And?" Chiron asked. "What is the rest?"

"You shall rise or fall by the ghost king's hand," Annabeth said. "the child of Athena's final stand."

Everyone looked uncomfortable at those last lines. Gabriella's anxiousness over this quest only increased. Annabeth was a child of Athena. A final stand does not sound like a good thing.

"Hey . . . we shouldn't jump to conclusions," Silena said. She glanced at Gabriella before continuing. "Annabeth isn't the only child of Athena, right?"

"But who is the ghost king?" Beckendorf wondered. No one had an answer.

"Are there more lines?" Chiron asked Annabeth. "The prophecy does not sound complete."

Annabeth hesistated. "I don't remember exactly."

Bullshit.

Annabeth was known for having a good memory. Gabriella was not convinced she'd forget something as important as this. Chiron raised an eyebrow at her.

Annabeth shifted on the bench. "Something about . . . Destroy with a hero's final breath."

"And?" Chiron asked.

Annabeth stood up. "Look the point is, I have to go in. I'll find the workshop and stop Luke. And . . . I need help." She turned to Percy. "Will you come?"