𝟬𝟭𝟴. say my name and everything just...

chapter eighteen
. . . stop, you're losing me.

       THE REST OF THE SUMMER seemed strangely normal

THE REST OF THE SUMMER seemed strangely normal. For the first time in a while, Gabriella wasn't fighting for her life. Daily activities such as archery, rock climbing, pegasus riding continued. Competitive capture the flag games, racing on chariots, and pranks on other cabins. Gabriella spent most of her days with Melody, and occasionally Percy tagged along. Gabriella suspected they've been hanging out just the two of them as well.

Then there was Annabeth.

Things got weird between them, yet again. They pretty much skirted around each other for the rest of the summer. Whenever Gabriella or Percy brought up the subject on Luke, she immediately shut them out. Gabriella loved when she got to be with her—don't get her wrong—but it kind of hurt. But then again, it hurt when she wasn't with her as well.

"Hey," Melody bumped Gabriella's shoulder with her foot. "You good?"

Gabriella looked at her, snapping back to reality. She and Melody found a nice vacant area under a tree near the forest. Melody was strumming her guitar, sitting directly under the tree. while Gabriella was lying down on the grass.

"Yeah, yeah," Gabriella assured her.

Melody raised her eyebrows. "You were thinking about Annabeth again."

All Gabriella said in response was, "Love is fucking embarrassing, Mel."

"Are you allowed to even say that?"

"It's true. It sucks."

"Okay." Melody replied, and continued playing guitar.

Gabriella sighed, then sat up. "Love isn't embarrassing. It's suppose to be this beautiful thing to experience, but personally, my love life sucks right now."

"Gods, can't you guys just talk your shit out, and kiss her already?" Melody complained. "For me, Silena, and Percy's sake."

"What do you mean you, Silena, and Percy's sake?" Gabriella questioned.

"Gab, we all know you like her. And you literally just alluded to the fact that you love her." Melody pointed out. More quietly and quickly, she added, "we also kinda made a bet with the Stolls so —"

"You did what?" Gabriella wasn't sure she heard her correctly.

"Nothing!"

Gabriella took a peek of Melody's song journal, lying right beside her. It was opened to a page, full of lyrics to a song.

"I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, I was enchanted to meet you," Gabriella read out loud. "Aww, cute,"