𝟬𝟬𝟲. lost in the labyrinth

chapter six
lost in the labyrinth

    IT WAS JUST AFTER DAWN, when Gabriella made her way Zeus's Fist to meet everyone else

IT WAS JUST AFTER DAWN, when Gabriella made her way Zeus's Fist to meet everyone else. She was no morning person by any means, so Silena basically had to drag her out of bed, again. Silena came with her, and was the one to help her pack her backpack.

"You have your flashlight? Ambrosia? Extra clothes?" Silena fussed.

"I got it Sil." Gabriella rolled her eyes. Her backpack included things like a bag of ambrosia, nectar, extra clothes, flashlights with extra batteries, hair ties, and lip balm. If Gabriella was gonna die, she was not going down with chappy lips.

When they made their way to Zeus's Fist, they saw Grover and Juniper having a little moment. Juniper was crying and fussing over Grover. Chiron, Quintus, and Mrs. O'Leary stood by campers who had come to wish them goodluck. A couple of tents had been set up by the rocks for guard duty. Gabriella saw Melody with Lee, and some other Apollo kids, by those tents, as well as the Hephaestus cabin. Chiron decided that they needed to guard the Labyrinth entrance at all times. Just in case. Gabriella went to Annabeth, who was doing one last check of her supplies. Annabeth smiled when she saw her approaching.

"Hey Brie, are you ready?" Annabeth smiled. She seemed calmer than yesterday.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Gabriella nodded.

Then, Percy and Tyson came up to them. Percy looked like an absolute mess.

"What happened to you?" Gabriella questioned.

"You look terrible." Annabeth frowned.

"He killed the water fountain last night." Tyson answered.

"What?" Both girls asked.

Before Percy could explain, Chiron trotted over to them. "Well it appears you are ready!"

Gabriella could tell that although he tried sounding upbeat, Chiron was anxious about this whole thing. Percy then said, "Hey, uh, Chiron, can I ask you a favor while I'm gone?"

"Of course, my boy."

"Be right back, guys." Percy looked at the group, then nodded to the woods. Chiron raised his eyebrows skeptically, but followed him anyways.

Melody soon came up to them. She turned to Gabriella. "So, how do you feel going on your first quest?"

"A little nervous," Gabriella admitted.

Melody put a hand on her shoulder. "Well you got this. You guys are gonna kick monster's ass, or whatever you face down there."

"Thanks, Mel." Gabriella chuckled.

"So where's Percy?" Melody asked, looking around.

"He went to go talk to Chiron." Annabeth answered. "Why?"