𝟬𝟬𝟮. not as slick as she thought

chapter two
not as slick as she thought

SOMEHOW GETTING INFO on the labyrinth led to Gabriella, Annabeth, and Clarisse attending Grover's hearing

SOMEHOW GETTING INFO on the labyrinth led to Gabriella, Annabeth, and Clarisse attending Grover's hearing. As well as comforting his girlfriend, Juniper. They were all in the forest, the girls standing on the side, while a group of satyrs were in the middle surrounding Grover. Gabriella watched as Grover nervously told a story to three satyrs sitting on a topiary thrones shaped from rose bushes. They looked really old, (and kinda fat), so Gabriella assumes they are the Council of Cloven Elders. In her opinion, they didn't seem that scary. But she knew they must be important, since Grover looked absolutely terrified.

Juniper was an absolute mess. Gabriella had her arm wrapped around her as she dabbed her eye with a handkerchief.

"This is going terribly," Juniper sniffled.

"No, no," Annabeth patted her on the shoulder. "He'll be fine Juniper."

"Punk," Gabriella heard Clarisse mutter. It looked like she was glaring at someone, so Gabriella looked to see who it was. And of course, it was Percy, who came with Chiron. He walked over to them with a confused expression. It then occured to Gabriella that he probably hasn't met Juniper yet.

"Grover's girlfriend." Annabeth mouthed to him. Percy's eyes widened.

"Master Underwood!" A council member shouted. "Do you seriously expect us to believe this?"

"B-but Silenus," Grover stammered. "It's the truth!"

Silenus turned to the others as they whispered something. Chiron stood beside them as well. Gabriella then realized that Chiron was an honorary member of the council. She never really thought much of it until now.

Silenus tugged his small, polo shirt to cover his belly, and adjusted himself on the throne. "Master Underwood, for six months-six months-we have been hearing these scandalous claims that you heard the wild god Pan speak."

"But I did!"

"Impudence!" said another elder.

"Maron," Chiron said. "Patience."

"Patience, indeed!", Maron looked mad. "I've had it up to my horns with this nonsense. As if the wild god would speak to . . . to him."

Juniper looked angry. She looked like she was about to beat one the elders up. Even though that would be entertaining to see, Gabriella, Annabeth, and surprisingly Clarisse, had to hold her down.

"Wrong fight girlie." Clarisse muttered. Gabriella glanced at Percy, who had a surprised look on his face. He must've not been used to Clarisse holding someone back from a fight, or seeing Gabriella and Annabeth get along with her.

It's not that Gabriella hates Clarisse, it's just . . . out of all the people in camp, she can name at least twenty people she'd rather hang out with. The fact that Annabeth never got along with her may have played a factor in her opinion.