𝗕𝗢𝗡𝗨𝗦: the weight of the world feels so close

BONUS !
the weight of the world feels so close
( takes place chapter twelve )

BONUS !the weight of the world feels so close( takes place chapter twelve )

         MELODY LEWIS HAD AN INTERESTING DAY. One moment, she thought Percy Jackson was dead, and was attending his funeral. Many campers showed up, and Melody's pretty sure there hasn't been a funeral as big as this in years. She comforted Gabriella, while mourning the loss of what could've been a friendship between her and Percy.

Before they got paired up together in that game, Melody never really talked to the guy. They had mutual friends, she heard about him and saw him around, but they were never close. But during the game, all the nerves she initially had faded. Something about him made her feel comfortable, and herself.

Then... well he died.

So that possible friendship (and maybe more) between them died as well.

Then Percy's funeral got interrupted — by Percy himself. Gabriella and Annabeth tackled him in hugs, while Melody watched from the side in awe. Then Gabriella, Annabeth, and Percy all got whisked away by Chiron to discuss things.

After that chaotic funeral, and teaching archery lessons, Melody had some free time. She sat by her usual tree near her cabon with her guitar in hand. It was light yellow, with flowers painted on the side. She also carried a turquoise worn out journal. The name Juliet was engraved on the cover.

Juliet was head councilor of the Apollo cabin, Melody's older sister. She was beloved by all the campers with her kindness and her strength. She was the Princess Diana of Camp-Halfblood, according to the Stolls. She was well respected, and everyone adored her. Juliet was not only her older sister, but everyone else's. The last big funeral/memorial at camp was hers. Unlike Percy, Juliet made no surprise appearance.

Whenever she missed her a lot, or needed something to soothe her, Melody would go through her old song book. She'd take out her guitar, play the chords, and sing the lyrics that Juliet wrote. The song she found this time was called, favorite crime.

"Know that I loved you so bad, I let you treat me like that, I was your willing accomplice honey," Melody began. "And I watched as you fled the scene, doe-eyed as you buried me, one heart broke, four hands bloody,"

Most of Juliet's songs were either heartwarming and sweet, or either depressing and sad. This fell under the depressing and sad category. There was only one guy at camp, who Juliet gave her heart to. Long story short, the guy shattered it into pieces. Then Juliet died, and the guy left camp after betraying everyone and shattering more hearts. Safe to say, Juliet definitely dodged a bullet.

"All the things I did, just so I could call you mine," Melody sang. "The things you did, well I hope I was your favorite crime, Cause baby, you were mine."

"Wow," Melody heard someone say behind her. She turned her head, and saw Percy watching her in awe.

"How long have you been standing there?"