𝟬𝟭𝟰. gabriella's new weapon

chapter fourteen
gabriella's new weapon

ONE THING ABOUT GABRIELLA was that she was not a morning person

ONE THING ABOUT GABRIELLA was that she was not a morning person. So imagine her surprise to having her shoulder being aggressively shook by Annabeth.

"Gabriella, wake up!" Annabeth yelled.

Gabriella groaned, her eyes still remained shut. "What now?"

Immediately, she heard the room shake, and her eyes snapped open. She sat up, and saw Percy waking Rachel up. Then right beside her, Gabriella found a round a small, round, light pink perfume bottle. Gabriella picked up, confusedly. She didn't look familiar look like any of the perfumes she had at all. On the bottom it wrote, Has more use than meets the eye.

Gabriella quickly placed it in her pocket, deciding to ask questions later. Annabeth held out her hand. Gabriella took it and stood up. They stared at eachother awkwardly (Gabriella never let go of her hand, and Annabeth didn't pull away), the events of last night coming back to them. Then they heard Percy yelling that they need to go.

The four of them quickly ran (Extra not really useful info: Gabriella and Annabeth still held hands, whether they were aware of it or not), as hundreds of marble tons crashed behind them.

They made it to the corridor, and turned around to see the rest of the columns falling. As they kept running, a white dust billowed over them.

"You know what?" Annabeth spoke. "I like this way after all."

They then saw light up ahead. But it wasn't an ordinary light — it was electric lightning.

"There," Rachel told them.

They followed her into a stainless steel hallway; fluorescent lights glowed from the ceiling, and the floor was a metal grate. After being so used to the dark, Gabriella had to squint to see in such a bright light.

"This way," Rachel called out and began to run. "We're close!"

"This is so wrong!" Annabeth argued. "The workshop should be in the oldest section of the maze. This can't—"

Her voice faltered, as the group arrived at a set of metal double doors. There was large blue Greek L inscribed in steel.

"We're here," Rachel announced. "Daedalus's workshop."

Annabeth pressed the symbol on the doors, making it hiss open.

"So much for ancient architecture," Percy commented. Annabeth scowled at him. Gabriella chucked a little. Annabeth turned to her, her expression softer, and her lips curved into a small smile. Then they went inside.

The first thing that caught Gabriella's eye was the blaring sunlight coming through the windows. His workshop was pretty much an art studio; there dozen easels were displayed, designs for buildings, rough sketches that reminded her of Leonardo da Vinci's work. There were also weird machines, that kind of looked like it was used for torture.