xx Nick

Soon Nick entered his room and saw a big pile of boxes and paper bags on his bedroom floor. Not so surprised because Meredith mentioned it earlier to him, that she'd give him back all the gifts he gave back.

  But he didn't actually want that, when he said "Good too know" he didn't actually want her to give him them back, in fact he wanted her to keep it so that somehow she'd have a peice of him with her.

  But remembering what he said, "I don't want to see at least a single strand of your hair" he's regretting it, because he loved her hair so much. It was one of many feature of her that makes her attractive.

"Happy birthday,Mer. I'm sorry this is just what I can afford at the moment, but I promise you as soon as I become the CEO of my own company, I'll buy you anything you want"

  -xx Nick

He read the small card, that was sticking against a doll dressed up as a doctor, with a name tag that says "Dr Grey" on it.It was his "kinda cheesy but I love it gift", what Meredith used to call it back then when they were in highschool.

"I know you love strawberry ice cream but I couldn't find any at the store at the moment so I figured why not a soft and fluffy version of it ;)"

-xx Nick

  He placed the first small paper bag after looking through it,the paper bags contain all the stuff  toys he gave her. All the stuff toys mostly are from when they were in high school, mainly from when Nick was just courting her.

  Then, multiple velvet boxes captured his attention from his nightstand.
A white piece of paper on it.

   "I've never taken this off of my finger, never in the 10 years of my life I imagined looking at my finger without them,I only took them off during surgery because I'm not used to not wearing them and you always mock me for it, and I always told you it's just the way I give our marriage importance"

  -xx Meredith

  He placed down the paper back on the night stand and picked up the red velvet box. He opened it and saw her engagement ring,her wedding ring as well as the promise ring he gave back to their 1st anniversary. Then he felt a tear left his eye, and immediately wiped it as he picked up a square white Pandora box.He opened it and saw the very first branded gift he gave her from his first salary. It's a Pandora bracelet with a simpler heart charm on it.  As he couldn't bear his chest tightening,he placed the box back down and sat on his bed,his finger going through his hair.

   Most gifts that were on the floor were branded bags, clothes and shoes he brought her and of course lingerie, wouldn't miss it.

  Then his phone rang after some moments of looking at some more gifts.
It was his sister,Erica.

  "Hey, what's up?" he answered the phone, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What the were you thinking!" Eica snapped,as soon as he spoke, "You really divorced Meredith? How stupid are you!"

  "Please Erica, it's been a long day...not you too" Nick sighed tiredly.

"Of it's a long day, you dumbass! You just divorced your wife!" she snapped, "And no, I am not hanging up the phone until you tell me what the hell happened between you two!"

  "Can't we meet up tomorrow? I'm really tired and I have an early shift tomorrow" he asked instead, he sounded really, really tired.

  "Charlotte has been crying for an hour after Meredith called, she hasn't come out since. Can you talk to her?" Erica then asked softly

  "I will..." he answered before ending the call.

   He's tired,in fact exhausted. He just lost his woman, the love of his life and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss her just not seeing her for hours.

  He didn't go to business school and went to Med school instead. Because once Meredith officially said yes to him the day of their graduation,also the day they both had their first kiss, he had changed of heart which was a surprise to him as well, considering how he talks to her about wanting to be a CEO of his own company.

He's a transplant surgeon, while Meredith is double board certified surgeon in both general and neuro which just made him more in love with her and made him wanna marry her again,if that's even possible. She's just, perfect. And now he's thinking what the hell went wrong between them.