Washington DC

After a  5 hour flight from Seattle to DC, Washington, Meredith and Nick both made their way to the lobby to rest for a while,while also  waiting for a cab.

   "Hey,um... I'm gonna go grab a coffee, do you want some?" Nick asked Meredith as she sat on the sofa

"No thank you, I'm good" she sighed, avoiding his gaze and took her phone out instead and called Alex then Nick went to go grab a coffee.

  When Nick came back after approximately 25 minutes, because he also went to the bathroom and had a hard time finding a coffee cart with a short line, he saw Meredith asleep on the couch,her elbow resting on the arm rest of the couch while her head was resting on her palm. She looked so uncomfortable,but somehow peace and just — beyond beautiful still after a long flight. She had already removed her makeup at the airports when they were 30 minutes before they landed and God,he swore to god she still is the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, with or without makeup.

    He took off his jacket and laid it on her shoulder when he saw her slightly shivering, then she subconsciously pulled it up her chest and rested her head on the back of the sofa, then Nick let her head rest on her shoulders, where she again not fully aware cuddled herself more into making Nick smile sadly.

   He didn't wanna wake her up but he had to because after an hour of waiting, the uber they called finally arrived and waiting for them outside the airport.

   "Mer, wake up... the uber is outside" he  whispered, slightly caressing her head

She slowly and sleepily opened her eyes and met his, when she looked up and that's just when she became fully aware of her position. She was still leaning against him and his jacket is still around her, keeping her warm.

    She cleared her throat and sat up straight, giving him back his jacket and thank him before standing up and made her way outside the airport and sat inside the Uber.

   "Yes, we landed an hour ago," Nick said on the phone as sat in the back seat, next to Meredith while the driver was loading their bags in the trunk, "We're on our way to the hotel, Layla and yes I am fine, there was a mild turbulence but the flight went smooth" he added, looking outside the window and somehow, looking at Meredith at the side of his eyes

   "Did you really have to go with that woman?" Layla spoke on the phone, it was quiet but clear enough for Meredith to understand it.

  "Y-yes, the other doctor had an emergency and was the only one available" Nick replied, "Hey, I'll call you back when I arrive at the hotel okay?"

  "Are we still on for dinner tomorrow?"

"We'll see, if the surgery went smooth I'll probably be there tomorrow afternoon and spend the rest of the day with you" Nick said,a small smile on his lips before he hang up, just as when Meredith's phone rang, then the driver started to drive to the hotel.

   "Hello?" she softly spoke, looking out the window, "Andrew?" she asked confusedly, looking at the "unknown caller" on her screen, "did you changed your number?"

   "No, this is Carina's... my phone died and I just um... wanted to know if you've landed already"

"Are you drunk,Andrea?" she chuckled at his slurring

  "Yes" he chuckled making her smile, "hey, listen... I've already handed Bailey my letter and brought the first ticket back to Italy and um...."

Before he could finish his sentence, Meredith interrupted him, "you're leaving"

  "I'm sorry,Mer" he said with a soft hiccup

"No,no it's okay... you don't need to be sorry I was the one who snapped at you earlier when you're just trying to be nice. It's okay, Andrew" she then told him, a small tear left her eyes, before hanging up. Why is does everyone kept leaving me? she asked herself.

*time skips*

   They both entered the hotel and Nick was the one to talk to the woman in the counter.

  "Rooms for Nick Marsh and Meredith Grey Ma—" he was gonna say Marsh, because he was so used to it but immediately shut himself when he remembered everything, "And Meredith Grey, please" he finished.

   "We have two available rooms for you... 520 and 530. The rooms are in the same floor, it's in 9th floor,sir" the woman explained with a polite smile.

  Nick walked to were Meredith was standing and asked her, "Which room would you like?" he showed her the key numbers, "520 or 530?"

  "Whatever..." she sharply sighed and took the key room of 530 then walked to the elevator followed by Nick.