Professionals

It's gotten easier for Meredith to go to work early in the morning the longer she's working as a doctor and chief of her own department, the same time working on her Parkinson's research with Amelia Shepherd,the head of Neuro at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
Plus because she's close with her colleagues,and most nurses in the hospital.

  But now, she's just not sure if it'll be that easy to work, not only because she had just gotten a divorce, but also because she has to work with her now ex-husband.

   Sighing deeply as she's sitting at the parking lot in her car, gathering the courage she has left after spending the night last night crying her eye out. She moved back to her childhood home, which is also where her sisters live at the moment:Maggie and Amelia. Maggie is her biological half sister and Amelia is as friend she's had since high school, they treat each other like sisters after being friends for so long. They went to the same high school,same college and even med school so their bond is really far from just being friends.

   She was about to get out of the car when she spotted him just getting out of his car and had started jogging towards the entrance of the hospital. Suddenly,she again felt the urge to cry river as if last night wasn't enough.
Shoving her feelings aside and walked out of her car and head inside the hospital.

   "Good morning,Mer!" Jo enthusiastically greeted as soon as she entered the lounge.

"Good morning!" she replied, trying to sound cheerful failing miserably as Alex,her person, frowned at her

   "Coffee?" she then turned her head towards the voice and there he stood,at the table stirring coffee. Alfonso Bennett. A newly hired cardiologist attending. Tall black curly haired man with dazzling brown eyes and deep dimples on his right cheeks, smiling brightly at her.

"H-hi,Dr Bennett right? Cardio from NYC?" Meredith asked surprised, forcing a smile

   "Oh yes,we met at a conference few months ago I thought you wouldn't remember" the man chuckled,as they shake hands, "I mean, how could I not recognize The Meredith Grey right?"

"I almost did, I'm sorry" Meredith chuckled before excusing herself and get change.

  On the other hand, Nick is at the nurses station talking to UNOS on the phone as Alfonso stood next  to her.

  "Have you received the chief's email?"

"Are you talking to me?" Nick questioned him confusedly

"Uh yes, Alfonso Bennett, Cardio from NYC" he introduced, "but, everyone calls me Al" he added

  "Nick Marsh, transplant surgeon also the residency director. It's nice to meet you, I'm looking forward to working with you" he gave back

  "Oh you're Grey's husband?"  Alfonso stated surprise and Nick's smile immediately dropped at the mention of her name as he look away. "I'm sorry,did I say something wrong? It so I am really really sorry I—"

"No,no it's okay it's just... she's not mt mom wife anymore" Nick quietly explained, looking at the tablet.

  "Oh I'm sorry about that" Alfonso then said, "Hey um,wanna grab a drink tonight? My treat" he cheerfully, suggested "we can also invite Karev"

"Sorry, I'm meeting with my sister tonight for dinner, other time maybe?" Nick explained, "But, thank you for the invite though"

   "Yeah man,no problem!" Alfonso replied with a smilw before Nick excused himself.

  Time skips

Meredith was now on her way to the parking lot, while looking for her car key when she bumped into someone.

  "Oh my— I'm so sorry" she apologize, looking up "Alfonso..."

"Here" he handed her her ID that fell down,

"Thanks" she simply smiled, walking past him then to her car

  "I guess you haven't told him?" she froze as he spoke

"I'm sorry?" she confusedly asked, now facing him

"About you...and me..." he walked closer to him,"at the conference" he added "In Chicago" he added, below whisper

   "Stop that" she softly asked, closing her eyes ans clutching on her hand bag,as tears building up in her eyes "Not now, I've had a long day,Alfonso please don't make it worse" she was about to open her car door when he slammed it back closed,

"So, you haven't told him I was that man you're in bed with,huh" he snickered, clicking her tongue, "Too bad he wouldn't know how well I fucked that pu—"

   "Wow..." before he even his sentence,they heard Nick from behind, "It's only been a day and you're already going around there hospital...." he added in disbelief, " I guess Monique was right after all..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Meredith asked wanting to know what he's referring "and what does Monique has to do without this?"

   "You're that kind of woman who  goes around the hospital after getting a divorce. You're unbelievably disgusting,I can't even look at your right now"

"Can you not? that's way out line!" Alfonso but in, " She made a mistake and it's all over now. Besides, you're already divorced so why are you so affected with me asking her out, she's single and beautiful, how could I not ask her?"  he gave back a light smirk on his face

   "Don't worry,Nick" Meredith looked at him emotionlessly, " as soon as Bailey approved my letter.. you'll never see me again" she added,a tear left her eye before she drove off

   "I've love you for every minute of everyday that I've known you,you are the love of my life and I'd give you the world if I could" he announced, looking deeply into her eyes as they're holding each other's hand, "I love you, Meredith Grey and I want to spent the rest of my life with you" he finished his vows, making people,their loved ones cheer and clap as they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.