"This is Elisa Amato, your younger sister"

It was 7 am and I was in the car not knowing where I was going

It was 7 am and I was in the car not knowing where I was going. I had a feeling this won't end up well.

After a 45-minute ride, we ended up at an adoption centre?!

We got out of the car.

I looked at Mum and Dad confused.

"We're going to give you up for adoption," Dad said coldly without looking at me.

"W-why?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

After 15 years of serving them like an animal 24/7, I'm being sent for adoption?

"You're just a burden to us, Elisa," Dad said looking drop-dead into my eyes.

Just a burden

"oh, okay Dylan," I said looking into his eyes which were full of rage.

I would never call this man "Dad" again. I hated him more than anything.

He comes close to me and slaps me.

I was too tired to even cry at this point. I just looked at the sky and said
"The Sun looks so pretty today" without any emotions. I took my bag which was with Alissa and walked away to the door.

"It was nice knowing you Alissa and Dylan," I said and went inside.

They looked disappointed as well as angry. I was angrier than them. Tears were running down my face I didn't know why.

I was so happy that I was out of that hell but I had an unknown fear inside me which I never felt.

What is going to happen to me now?

I've heard awful stories about kids who have been living in Foster Care and some who were adopted.

I was lost in thoughts and that's when someone touched my shoulder. I flinched and then looked at the person.

It was a woman in her mid-twenties maybe?

She smiled at me and said
"Your Elisa right?"

I nodded and then she went through my documents for some reason.

She looked at me and said
"They're not your parents".

I looked at her and said "What do you mean they weren't my parents? They were my parents. They raised me?"

She looked confused "Honey your parents are Victor Leone and Chloe Amato, you didn't know this?"

I shook my head and said no.

She looked shocked and well I was as well!

There was an uncomfortable silence which she broke and said "I'll call your dad and ask him if he's willing to take you in" she sighed.

I just nodded not understanding what just happened. Dylan and Alissa weren't my parents?

I'm still shocked. I was still processing what was happening that's when she came back with a happy face.