Chapter 1: First Town

Hi everyone.

I know I have been silent for a while however, those who know, know I haven't been idle. Here is what I have been working on, a new story, new characters, and brand-new world (so much world building), I hope you enjoy it. All feedback is welcome however, please remember this story has no editor so don't be an asshat about spelling and grammar. Also, this story will have strong LGBTQAI+ themes, if you don't like those themes, don't read this story. 

So have fun and happy reading.

PS: you will come across images of status, this is because I couldn't format them for pleasurable reading, sorry I tried to make them bigger however it took ages to get them looking uniform. You might have to zoom in to read them.

Chapter 1: First Town

Jayda adjusted her hood to keep her face in shadow and did her best not to act too nervous as she waited in line to be checked and then let into the fortified city. She had never been out of the forest before, but her parents had decided she was old enough and strong enough to go out and see the world. They doubted that anyone outside of their forest was strong enough to take on their daughter, in fact they doubted that many of the monsters within their forest could do little but annoy her. Regardless, it was time she went out into the world to experience things and maybe, find a partner.

"Next," the guard called, and it was finally Jayda's turn to be inspected before being let in, he stood beside a table, other guards waited further in the gate to catch anyone who refused to be inspected and or any criminals attempting to get into the city. "Luggage and identity card." The grizzled veteran told her, although he was bored, he would never skirt his duty, he had family in this city, and he would not let anyone or thing harmful into his home. He didn't ask her to remove her hood or even that she needed to show her face. People had reasons other than criminal history to hide their faces, wearing masks was also normal. Some people wanted to hide nasty scarring, or weird features, even their race, heck some even just liked to look mysterious. As long as the person before him didn't have the wrong job, had a mostly clear punishments record and no bounty, they would be allowed entry.

Jayda put her bag on the table, it was a special bag made to hold a lot more than its size could indicate. The guard went to open it but because it was tied to its owner the drawstring did not open.

"Magic bag," he remarked not surprised or suspicious, adventurers and merchants used magic bags all the time, heck even he had one although it was low quality, his bag could only hold 5 cubic metres, going by the feel of this bag, it was high quality so would have a high capacity. He lifted it to put it on a magic device which would read its contents, there were only a few things that weren't permitted to enter the city without a permit and that is what they were regulating. Jayda was glad she kept most of her things in her storage and the bag was merely for show although one or two things in it might raise some concerns her mother had promised her it should be fine.

"Ho..." the guard remarked with a pleased tone, "I do hope you sell those beasts to the guild; I haven't had minotaur in years."

"That was the plan," Jayda answered, she had money, her father had given her a leather bag stuffed with what he called glitter. However, her mother had told her she would need to earn her own money and to not trust what her father gave her as she didn't know if that money, was still in use. You didn't need to have membership to sell to the Adventurers guild, they would buy any edible beasts she brought in and would give her currency that was currently in use, her mother had explained. Although Jayda fully intended to join the guild as it was the best guild to join for someone like her, it would give her work, help her explore the world and at the same time it would protect her until people realised, she was dangerous.