Chapter 13: Hydra Hunt.

Hi everyone,

Here it is the later chapter as promised. As normal this only has basic editing, don't be an asshat. Also please remember that the comment section is a safe place, I do no moderate comments, nor do I delete them, know however that I get emails every time you comment, and I do read them. So please no attacking each other or each other's ideas.

Okay, now that is done, have fun, happy reading.

Chapter 13: Hydra hunt.

Jayda cut down a Viper, four days after arriving at the fort they had left it to investigate the monster nest. They were working their way into the centre. Bruh and Frey were smashing their way through a pack of kobolds. Mia was practising using the firing techniques Jayda had taught her trying to engrain the rapid and accurate firing that Jayda had demonstrated, she was sure if she mastered it, it would open possibilities.

They came back together, "There is a lot of variety and a lot of monsters for outskirts." Astra remarked as she cast clean on herself and Void. All the tamed beasts wore magic bags made by Jayda, they were high capacity, to the point they felt almost limitless, they were also easy to use the beast just had to be in the near vicinity of the dead monsters to collect them.

Bruh grunted appreciation when Frey cast clean on him, "You got hit!" she exclaimed in shock.

Bruh glanced down to his chest and the cut that was there, it was shallow, barely a scratch. It's just a scratch, he grunted back.

Jayda cast heal on him and the scratch vanished.

"Hey," Astra pulled a damaged claw from Frey's shield. "Don't damage the sellable materials."

Frey blushed a little, "Sorry, it's just... the land lady keeps hitting on Jayda."

"Huh?" Jayda remarked not understanding, the land lady hadn't attacked her, she thought as she cleaned her weapons.

Astra chuckled, unsurprised by Jayda's response, Jayda didn't know how to flirt, nor did she understand when someone flirted with her. Frey might not have seen it, but Jayda was always being flirted with and never reacted to it.

Mia snorted in amusement as she realised what Astra had, that Jayda hadn't noticed the fact the land lady was seriously trying to get into her bed. She checked her arrows, magic had them returning to her quiver a few minutes after being shot so she didn't have to worry too much about running out, at least for long, however they still could get damaged, the return function was in the arrowhead which meant Mia only had to attach it to a new shaft.

"Seriously, I have never seen someone be so dense," Mia remarked with a chuckle.

Astra glared at the other woman, she too was beginning to think the other woman was as dense to flirting as Jayda was as Mia hadn't reacted to any of her attempts at flirting, nor did she show interest when others flirted with her. It was the reason Astra had backed off, even though Mia was everything she wanted in a partner, to build a proper friendship, thinking that was the reason Mia never responded.

"I don't understand," Jayda said as she realised, she was missing something.

Frey glared a little at the love of her life, "Jayda, the land lady has been flirting with you the whole time."

Jayda watched Frey for a moment, "Huh," she remarked as she sheathed her weapons, "I didn't notice."

"Do you ever?" Astra queried and Frey cocked back her arm to hit her friend, she had not been as, oblivious as Astra thought, she had noticed that Jayda seemed to attract almost everyone near her but she had shaken it off if only because Jayda never looked at them with interest other than to ascertain whether they were a threat and how she had to react to them. Astra dodged the hit and stood behind Mia.