Chapter 21: Leeanne Mason

Hi peeps,

Latest chapter, remember don't be an asshat, enjoy and read the note at the end before you start demanding status updates for all the main characters (you know who you are).

Have fun.

Chapter 21: Leeanne Mason

Leeanne walked over to an accurate map of Ashford which they used to track monster distributions, the guild liked to keep track of what was going on with monsters to try to predict monster floods and stampedes, for the most part it worked however sometimes it didn't, still it was best for them to know what was happening in their country. It has been a month since the conference ended, since she said goodbye to her pair, and a little over a week ago the War Horses had left to do their adventuring work.

Since the seasons had changed so had their uniform design, so her pair necklace was sitting on top of her clothes instead of in them, as there wasn't a lot of room in the tighter clothes, quite a few of the female staff had lodged complaints so she was sure that at least the top would be changed. The tightness of the top meant she could only wear one of her bulky necklaces under her clothes without strangling herself and had decided that, for her dragon scale necklace to work it needed skin contact to work, it should be in her clothes more than her pair necklace.

"Now, where was I," she asked herself, the archivist who was helping her to update the map glanced to her before they focused on their section of the map.

Leeanne leant over the map after grabbing a pale grey marker to indicate goblins and went to put it down in the space her notes told her to, there was an increase in goblins in Van Laan territory. However, that was considered normal in Van Laan as they had a forest that always spawned goblins, but if it increased any further they knew to send subjugation force with several A ranks and a heap of B's and C's to take out a Goblin Lord, Goblin Knights, Goblin Mages and a settlement.

Just as she put down the marker it suddenly became hard to breathe, she felt like she was being squeezed and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get air into her screaming lungs. Just before she passed out, her pair charm glowed and broke, it landed on the map with a gentle rattle, drawing attention to it.

She could suddenly breathe again, she braced herself on the map and took several quick breaths even as her eyes focused on her pair charm which now lay broken on the map. It was broken, the proof of her bond to Ivor was broken, it meant, her mind refused to finish the thought.

"Leeanne?" the archivist asked as he turned to her. When he got no response, he moved closer to her and went to remove the necklace from the map as it had messed up some markers when it landed.

"No!" Leeanne stated as she quickly grabbed the necklace and stepped back from the map. As she stepped back, she turned and just stormed to her office.

The archivist watched her go, after all he was used to Leeanne and her mood swings so didn't think much of it and went back to work on the map. 10 minutes later Leeanne was storming from the guild, and no one stopped her as they didn't want to add to her aggravation.

Later in the day Matt walked out of his office a little bemused, he had a meeting in an hour and generally Leeanne was in his office drilling in the information he needed to know for the meeting, but she wasn't in his office. "Hey, anyone seen Leeanne?" he asked the room.

"Oh, she stormed out of here before lunch." Someone answered.

Dread filled Matt, if Leeanne were in a mood they were in for a rough time, after all the two people who could put her back in a good mood weren't in the city! "What happened?" he asked and got a shrug from the person who answered. "Guys, who pissed off Leeanne and how?" he asked the room.