Chapter 17: Freedom

Surprise peeps (I did want to say something else... you fill the space.)

I am feeling in a generous mood and since I had the time this past week, and it is a day of giving, so, here is a surprise chapter.

Have fun and as usual, basic editing, don't be an Asshat.

Happy Holidays.

🎅🎄🎁🤶🍾🎆🎇🥂🥳

Chapter 17: Freedom

An hour later Frey and Jayda went back down to the others having spoken and after a lot of cuddling, Mia and Astra had joined them earlier, Jayda rubbed the back of her neck, "Sorry about that."

Kathryn waved her off, "We all have triggers. We understand."

Anthony walked in, "Mather and Rin."

"So sorry we are late," Mather told the room before he and Rin sat.

"It's fine," Arnold said as he sipped some moonshine laced tea. "Jayda has already settled the Dark Elves in their new home."

"I will introduce you to their leader once they settle in." Jayda promised.

"I will clear our schedules to make sure we meet." Mather promised, he and Rin had been busy spending War Horse coin across the country, they had also managed to find new products and were looking forward to maybe laying their hands on unwanted materials from the forest collected by the Dark Elves. "I know we aren't putting it on any maps, but how deep did you put them."

"About sixty-five to seventy kilometres in, near a B ranked dungeon." Astra explained.

Mather's eyes went wide, "So deep, are they going to be fine out there."

"They will be fine, in Leaf Tree they lived in a similar forest." Jayda explained.

"Oh... Rin is probably a really good choice to interact them, Dark Elves are Matriarchal." Tomas added.

Rin grinned, part of the reason she had been picked was because she was a halfling, her father an Elf her mother a human. They had hoped since she had human features it would put them a little at ease, also she had a good understanding of Elven culture and could speak Elven.

"See... still the perfect person for the job," Mather told her, she had been hesitant when she had been singled out, after all she was a junior associate in the Merchants guild, no one important nor had she done any great deals for the guild. Yet the guild master was giving her a particularly important job, critical even, she had signed the contract to keep everything she learnt secret, once she had heard the situation she understood why she was chosen. She had then gone to her father, demanded he tell her everything he knew about Dark Elves. He had never told anyone why he left Leaf Tree, only that he disagreed with how things were being done. What her father had told her, let her know that what she had been told, was the sanitised version of what had happened to Dark Elves.

Rin realised as she looked around, no one in this room believed the sanitised version, they knew horrors had been inflicted on a race and were doing their best to help them without stressing them, by giving them space and allowing them to decide how much they wanted to interact with the outside world. She tried not to act nervous because of all the big important people in the room, she would be interacting with high ranked people from now onwards, she just had to go with the flow.

They continued to chat as they waited for dinner.

Eventually Anthony came to get them. "Dinner is served." He told the room.

Everyone got to their feet. "So, what are we eating?" Arnold asked as they followed Anthony.

Jayda glanced to Astra and Astra groaned. "What did you bring out this time?" Frey grinned a little mischievously. "Jayda!" Astra demanded the moment she noticed Frey's grin, Frey only ever grinned like that when she knew Astra was going to like something.